Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

geargrinder 04-20-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 478575)
You mean those free rags they give away at the truck stops? They only write articles on companies who advertise in them. Turnover is low enough at Superior they don't need to advertise in them.

A while back I saw Superior advertising in some of the free rags. I think the headers was something like "Got Benefits?" Recently turnover has spiked quite a bit.

geargrinder 04-20-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 479332)
Watch out for CSA 2010! I bet we see some drivers get canned once that comes online.

It is now CSA 2011

BHG0069 04-20-2010 08:58 PM

Just turned in my two week notice today. Got a job hauling gasoline in ATL area.

Have nothing bad to say about Superior on this end. They have been nothing but good to me. I got along well with both the dispatchers and TM and never really had a problem with anyone while working here.

Never in my 2 1/2 years here did I miss a schedued home date. Never did anyone complain about how much time I took off, if I want 3 or 4 days off, then I tell them and it happens. Never did I have to wait days to get loaded (after 15 hrs you are on the clock for 8). When the truck breaks down you are on the clock until you are in a hotel room, then you get paid to sit in the hotel after 15hrs. If the shipper or consignee screwed around you are on the clock after 2hrs, until they stop screwing around (I've been on the clock for 27hrs once). I got paid 10 dollars for every night I slept in the truck (peanuts add up). You basically get paid for everythig you do here.

The company is not perfect and its still a job at the end of the day. But personally I hate OTR driving and cannot do it anymore. Even with the majority of weekends off, it still isnt enough for me. I like to be home every night period.

If you like OTR driving then Superior Carriers would be a good choice in in my opinion. They are really not a bad company to drive for.

1catfish 04-25-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069 (Post 479368)
Just turned in my two week notice today. Got a job hauling gasoline in ATL area.

Have nothing bad to say about Superior on this end. They have been nothing but good to me. I got along well with both the dispatchers and TM and never really had a problem with anyone while working here.

Never in my 2 1/2 years here did I miss a schedued home date. Never did anyone complain about how much time I took off, if I want 3 or 4 days off, then I tell them and it happens. Never did I have to wait days to get loaded (after 15 hrs you are on the clock for 8). When the truck breaks down you are on the clock until you are in a hotel room, then you get paid to sit in the hotel after 15hrs. If the shipper or consignee screwed around you are on the clock after 2hrs, until they stop screwing around (I've been on the clock for 27hrs once). I got paid 10 dollars for every night I slept in the truck (peanuts add up). You basically get paid for everythig you do here.

The company is not perfect and its still a job at the end of the day. But personally I hate OTR driving and cannot do it anymore. Even with the majority of weekends off, it still isnt enough for me. I like to be home every night period.

If you like OTR driving then Superior Carriers would be a good choice in in my opinion. They are really not a bad company to drive for.

good luck with your new indever, i never liked going in and out of atlanta, that place is like a warzone sometimes. have you already got your load cards, or do you have to ride with someone till you get carded in all the loading facilities,(been there got the t-shirt).any way good luck stay safe!:thumbsup:

BHG0069 04-28-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 479519)
good luck with your new indever, i never liked going in and out of atlanta, that place is like a warzone sometimes. have you already got your load cards, or do you have to ride with someone till you get carded in all the loading facilities,(been there got the t-shirt).any way good luck stay safe!:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy! Hope things work out for you too.

1catfish 04-28-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069 (Post 479736)
Thanks buddy! Hope things work out for you too.

you know, that is one word i hate more than any other. buddy, my dispatcher seems to use that name alot, buddy. the only time it is used is to belittle or dismis somebody. i'd rather you call me an s.o.b. or a no good rotten #%&*+$@. thanks.:roll3:

Orangetxguy 04-28-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 479775)
you know, that is one word i hate more than any other. buddy, my dispatcher seems to use that name alot, buddy. the only time it is used is to belittle or dismis somebody. i'd rather you call me an s.o.b. or a no good rotten #%&*+$@. thanks.:roll3:

:clap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol2:

What a coincidence!!! MY terminal manager and dispatcher...as well as several of the "Corporate" rats.....have those very thoughts of me!! Only...they do not say so to me directly...but you can see it in their faces!! I think they probably use the term..."What a Miserable S. O. B.!!!"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My MOTO is..."GIVE NO QUARTER!!!"

BHG0069 04-28-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 479775)

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

BHG0069 05-06-2010 02:45 AM

Looks like things have changed for the good. One of the local drivers quit last Friday, so I'm the new local guy at Superior. The only reason I wanted to leave was because I just couldn't take OTR anymore and there wasn't a local spot open.

I'm pretty happy because I didn't wanna leave a good company. I also wasn't too happy about having to work nights and weekends and holidays hauling gasoline, but I was willing to do it just to get off the road haha.

Get to sleep in my bed everynight, get weekends off and they are very flexable if I have somethin to do and need a day or two off, or need to leave early. Yep, I'm a happy camper =)

wsyrob 05-06-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069 (Post 480381)
Looks like things have changed for the good. One of the local drivers quit last Friday, so I'm the new local guy at Superior. The only reason I wanted to leave was because I just couldn't take OTR anymore and there wasn't a local spot open.

I'm pretty happy because I didn't wanna leave a good company. I also wasn't too happy about having to work nights and weekends and holidays hauling gasoline, but I was willing to do it just to get off the road haha.

Get to sleep in my bed everynight, get weekends off and they are very flexable if I have somethin to do and need a day or two off, or need to leave early. Yep, I'm a happy camper =)

Congrats. I was at the Atlanta terminal yesterday for about 30 minutes. Just long enough to drop a tank and bobtail over to Stepan to grab a spotted one.