Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

Graymist 12-23-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Oh yes, the potential to make much more is definitely there, especially running the system. Good luck and stay around and in touch! :wink:

As a company driver, and not as an o/o, how long is your average day ? How often do you need to take a 34-hour reset while on the road ? Should you need to do so, are you paid anything for it ? Is it possible to get, say 3 days off, after 11-12 days of running ? I look forward to your response. Thanks.

Cyanide 12-24-2007 04:26 AM

Yes, Superior covers the liability insurance. Also, the 62% is 62% of the total amount paid to the company for going in or out of that area. To the best of my knowledge, our freight there is non-existent.

As a company driver, my average day was about 11 hours total, with 9.5 hours on-duty.

I did one 34-hour reset, and it was due to running out of hours. Yes, Superior company drivers are paid for everything, including those. The pay is per the layover schedule I have listed on page one of this post. I was laid over once for almost a full five days once and was paid for the duration, as well as staying in a very nice hotel.

Getting 3 days off after 11-12 days out should be no problem at all.

mbadriver 12-27-2007 02:29 AM

Cyanide I gotta admire your devotion to Superior. I saw you also posted this on Pumpkindriver. I bet that was burr in the rear for them Schneider Drivers. Umm maybe you can also include your SS #, DL #, and DOB. Just so we can verify the information :wink:

Quote:

Superior Carriers, Independent Contractor 2007 Totals, October 8th to December 2nd:
Gross: $22,646.71
Hub Miles: 19,109
(ALL miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Paid Miles: 17,930
(All reported miles for revenue purposes)
Loaded Miles: 10,873 (57%)
Empty Miles: 8,236 (43%)
Avg.: $1.185/mile
(ALL miles, on- and off-duty.)
Fuel cost: $9,875.56
(Averaged $3.132/gallon and 6.061 m.p.g.)
Hazmat Loads: 13
Days Working: 38

Days Off: 18

$200.50/week Truck Note
(For one year, then truck is mine)
$103.57/week IL Base Plate
(Will presume a 16-week plan)
$75.00/week Maintenance Escrow
$28.85/week Occupational Accident insurance
$20.00/week Qualcomm
(I haven't been charged for this since my unit is presently not used)
$13.00/week Physical Damage insurance
$8.00/week Bobtail Insurance
$448.92/week

8)

Using the average figures from what I've done in the first eight weeks as an I/C, here's what I expect to achieve over the course of a year.

125,000 Est. Annual Hub Miles
$135,000 Est. Minimum Gross Revenue
$64,500 Est. Annual Fuel Cost
248 Days working
117 Days off

Est. Operating cost breakdown based upon 125,000 total hub miles annually
.5160 Fuel
.0834 Truck Note
(First year only)
.0312 Escrow
.0256 Maintenance/Repairs
.0136 Base Plate
.0120 Occupational Accident Insurance
.0083 Qualcomm
(*I will figure this in even though I am not being charged for it)
.0076 Accounting
.0054 Physical Damage Insurance
.0044 FHUT
.0033 Bobtail Insurance
.7108/mile

Some notes for readers to remember.

1. I am getting more time off now to be with my family then I did as a company driver. That alone coupled with #2 below is why this is working out so great for me.

2. Regardless of what income some drivers must obtain in order to make ends meet, I am doing quite well with what I am earning. I am not in a position where I must make a super-high rate of pay. My family and I's needs are being met, and met very nicely. And frankly, when it comes to my business that is all that matters.

3. I am on a dedicated fleet that runs out loaded, comes back empty. I have intentionally asked for the longer runs (albeit lower paying) as they fit into my schedule better than the very short, very high and much better paying loads, such as the one I started this week off with that was a whopping 86 miles round trip, and will pay me about $340. Or the one I did a couple of weeks ago that was 251 miles round trip, and paid $495.

;-) Y'all be safe and take care, I'll be back with more later...

Cyanide 12-27-2007 04:56 AM

Not being a burr in their saddle over on the Pumpkin, just passing along info for any who question what I do. No problems there or here however...

Over on TruckNet (the supposed best message board for trucking info), I've already gotten into a pissing contest with a couple of members there. Usual junk; people telling everyone else how to run their business and what's best for them. But most importantly how I'll never make it with only making $1.18/mile right now for all the hub miles I turn.

Doesn't any of the following seem to matter...
-My fixed costs are literally non-existent ($23,569 for the first year).
-Almost half of my miles are ran empty, ensuring decent fuel economy, even with idling and having a 3.90 rear end (averaging 6.061 mpg).
-Running the same route allows me to keep a consistent fuel cost (averaged $3.132/gallon from Oct. 8th to Dec. 2nd).
-And let's not forget the big one... I am getting more time off now than as a company driver.

To beat a dead horse, here's all of my numbers again. Sorry for the redundancy.

$64,500 Fuel (I'm averaging 6.061 mpg and $3.132/gallon, on pace to run 125,000 hub miles)
$10,426 Truck note (for first year only, then this goes away)
$3,900 Maintenance Escrow
$3,200 Maintenance/Repairs (separate allowance I set aside)
$1,501 Occupational Accident Insurance
$1,450 IL Base Plate
$1,040 Qualcomm (presently not being charged for this since unit is not used)
$960 Accounting
$676 Physical Damage Insurance
$550 FHUT
$416 Bobtail Insurance
$88,069 Total

$88,069 divided by 125,000 hub miles projected for the year equals .7045/mile. No way in hell I'm going to make any money at all. :lol:

mbadriver 12-27-2007 06:16 AM

I take it your wife (assuming you are married) has a job that you get medical insurance through. I had my own business for years and health insurance was just a killer. Finally, we just added ourselves to the Workers Comp policy. It wasn't great coverage, but our agent said for broken bones and the like we could always claim it happened at work.

You do a thorough job, as is required in this industry. Are you getting an itch to add another truck?

I'm gonna wait for the election and economy to shake out before jumping into a new venture. After a decade of being an entrepreneur I am enjoying punching a clock (so to speak), paid time off, and not dealing with the revenuers :wink:

Look forward to meeting you.
Quote:

Not being a burr in their saddle over on the Pumpkin, just passing along info for any who question what I do. No problems there or here however...

Over on TruckNet (the supposed best message board for trucking info), I've already gotten into a pissing contest with a couple of members there. Usual junk; people telling everyone else how to run their business and what's best for them. But most importantly how I'll never make it with only making $1.18/mile right now for all the hub miles I turn.

Doesn't any of the following seem to matter...
-My fixed costs are literally non-existent ($23,569 for the first year).
-Almost half of my miles are ran empty, ensuring decent fuel economy, even with idling and having a 3.90 rear end (averaging 6.061 mpg).
-Running the same route allows me to keep a consistent fuel cost (averaged $3.132/gallon from Oct. 8th to Dec. 2nd).
-And let's not forget the big one... I am getting more time off now than as a company driver.

To beat a dead horse, here's all of my numbers again. Sorry for the redundancy.

$64,500 Fuel (I'm averaging 6.061 mpg and $3.132/gallon, on pace to run 125,000 hub miles)
$10,426 Truck note (for first year only, then this goes away)
$3,900 Maintenance Escrow
$3,200 Maintenance/Repairs (separate allowance I set aside)
$1,501 Occupational Accident Insurance
$1,450 IL Base Plate
$1,040 Qualcomm (presently not being charged for this since unit is not used)
$960 Accounting
$676 Physical Damage Insurance
$550 FHUT
$416 Bobtail Insurance
$88,069 Total

$88,069 divided by 125,000 hub miles projected for the year equals .7045/mile. No way in hell I'm going to make any money at all. :lol:

Skywalker 12-29-2007 12:07 PM

Hello All!! Here's wishing you a Happy & Safe New Year!!

I've been off for a little over a month or so taking care of personal business, but I'll be back at work in about a week or so.

As far as whether its worth a drive of a hundred miles or so to get to the truck... I do that every time I come home and go back out. I park my truck at the Superior/Carry Terminal in Lakeland, FL....and its about 100 miles to the boat. I do it willingly, and will continue to do it. Superior is that good of a company....and I enjoy the work as well. In fact, I like working for Superior to the extent that if I had to commute farther, I would do it..... and wouldn't even give it much of a thought.

Here are my reasons for why I say the above:

1. The company is really serious about "Safety". There is "ZERO" lip service regarding safety!

2. The people that run the terminals are all good people, and frankly I have not met a single one that I don't like...or who has given me even a moments pause to be bothered.

3. I stay busy. My income averages much more than I made pulling a box, and as Cyanide and I have pointed out before.... we get paid for almost everything we do...and its paid promptly.

4. I get more time off on a regular basis. I don't have to stay out on the road for endless weeks at a time. I'm out usually 10 to 12 days, and take 3 days off. Some of our drivers are home more often. I stay out a few days longer...because it works for me.

5. I have not, in the year plus that I have been with Superior, had to play any silly games, jump through hoops, falsify my log book, or any other nonsense. I do my job, and they leave me alone to do it. If I have a question...I call or message....and I get an answer. I DO NOT sit on hold waiting for a dispatcher to figure out which way is "up".

6. Superior is a company that wants "Professional Drivers", and is not afraid to invest time and funds in training and safety training....and wants you to stay. The longer the better!!

7. My wife likes my job, and especially likes the fact that "I have mellowed out", and I am never pissed off, and when I talk to her on the phone I'm not complaining about anything....so "life is good". :D

mbadriver 12-29-2007 03:23 PM

Happy New Year

To paraphrase Chico Escuela, "Superior been berra berra goot to me. Keep a u i on da road."

Peace.

PocketChange 12-29-2007 06:17 PM

Happy New Year

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to these forums. I have to admit, I first thought you guys were a bunch of recruiters telling everyone what they wanted to hear. But after talking to some of Superiors' drivers and meeting with Mac Stanley in Archdale, NC, I can't wait to join you guys in the New Year. I'm just waiting for Oak Brook to give me the ok and I'm putting in my 2 weeks notice.

Thanks again everyone, and have a safe and happy New Year!!!

wsyrob 12-30-2007 12:59 AM

Re: Happy New Year

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketChange
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to these forums. I have to admit, I first thought you guys were a bunch of recruiters telling everyone what they wanted to hear. But after talking to some of Superiors' drivers and meeting with Mac Stanley in Archdale, NC, I can't wait to join you guys in the New Year. I'm just waiting for Oak Brook to give me the ok and I'm putting in my 2 weeks notice.

Thats the same terminal I am based out of. I look forward to meeting you in the next few weeks.

nsxman2001 12-30-2007 05:40 AM

Re: Happy New Year

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketChange

Funny thing is I thought the same way until I called superior and talk to the terminal manager myself I going there after the new year to sign papers and as soon as I get the green light I will give my notice also and join you guys on the GOOD side of Trucking.... Everyone have a happy new year!

Skywalker 12-30-2007 12:07 PM

I can guarantee you that neither Cyanide or I are "recruiters"...... We are both "Drivers"......and tanker yankers. Neither of us will lie about our jobs. We will tell you "how it really is".....because Superior is a small enough company that at some point....you will meet us, either in a terminal or at a plant....and besides, neither of us is compelled to lie..."it just ain't right"!

Superior happens to be a very good company with good policies, and a good pay schedule. But, and yes there is always a "but"....it is a particular kind of work, and its not for everyone. Its a different kind of driving, with different safety aspects, and the tanks definitely handle differently than a box, reefer or flatbed. Our shippers and receivers act differently than others, generally more friendly and polite. But they have their "Safety Protocols", and they require 100% adherence to them. To do otherwise may cause a driver to be ushered out the gate. Its reality. But if one can handle the job...its a job you will make into a career. Almost all of our drivers stay....and many of them have been with the company over twenty years or more.

Cyanide 01-01-2008 10:31 PM

Happy New Year to all!

Here's wishing everyone a safe, happy, and very productive 2008! Hope everyone is having a blast today! Just taking a break from the games (can't seem to get into the IL/USC Rose Bowl matchup), and figured I'd jump on and say hi to y'all. Just taking a few more days off...well okay, more like the last nine days! :P

I assure you, I'm not a recruiter, just a driver here, and a very happy one at that! I am really surprised though at how many others have came over here to Superior in the past few months since I had started here, and then after Skywalker came over (a very good friend for many years). It just may be a little more difficult for me to meet some of y'all though since nowadays I'm usually only running up and down I-65 from Westville, IN to Huntsville, AL and back. :lol:

I've been doing well these past few weeks since my last update, and taking off a bunch of more time between Florida and Indiana. Just tickled to death over how things have panned out for me. Here's my new numbers with another couple of weeks figured in. Y'all take care and have fun...

Quote:

Week 48-8
-Westville, IN to Laurel, MS (driver unload with truck pump)
-Laurel, MS to Saraland, AL (drop dirty tank, hook clean tank)
-----Saraland, AL to Gonzalez, FL (live load)
-----Gonzalez, FL to Greenwood, SC (customer unload)
-----Greenwood, SC to Garden City, GA (drop dirty tank, time off)
Gross: $2,649.05
Miles: 1,882
Avg.: $1.407/mile

Superior Carriers, Independent Contractor 2007 Totals, October 8th to December 2nd:
Gross: $22,646.71
Hub Miles: 19,109
Paid Miles: 17,930
Loaded Miles: 10,873 (57%)
Empty Miles: 8,236 (43%)
Avg.: $1.185/mile
Hazmat Loads: 13
Days Working: 38
Days Off: 18

Week 49-9
-Jacksonville, FL (hook clean tank)
-Jacksonville, FL to Savannah, GA (live load)
-Savannah, GA to Spartanburg, SC (customer unload)
-Spartanburg, SC to Wellford, SC (drop dirty tank)
Gross: $664.68
Miles: 419
Avg.:$1.586/mile

Week 50-10
-Wellford, SC to Greer, SC (hook preloaded tank)
-Greer, SC to Westville, IN (drop loaded tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-----Huntsville, AL to Valparaiso, IN (drop dirty tank)
-Valpo, IN to Westville, IN (hook loaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Kankakee, IL (customer unload)
-Kankakee, IL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Bristol, VA (customer unload)
-----Bristol, VA to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
-Westville, IN to Demotte, IN (time off)
Gross: $4,150.68
Miles: 3,471
Avg.: $1.195/mile

Superior Carriers, Independent Contractor 2007 Totals, October 8th to December 16th:
Gross: $27,473.76
Hub Miles: 22,999
Paid Miles: 21,527
Loaded Miles: 13,034 (57%)
Empty Miles: 9,965 (43%)
Avg.: $1.194/mile
Hazmat Loads: 16
Days Working: 46

Days Off: 24

:wink:

nsxman2001 01-02-2008 03:39 AM

Cyanide.. I was wondering what speed transmissions does superior use?

Skywalker 01-03-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsxman2001
Cyanide.. I was wondering what speed transmissions does superior use?

Most or many of the trucks (company) have 10 speed "spicers".... just another 10 speed....... 8) Same pattern as the others. 8)

I answered cuz' he's up north playing in the snow, and I'm down here in FL... but its cold...about 40 degrees 100 miles south of Tampa and going to be below freezing in the morning.....and that "bites"!!

nsxman2001 01-03-2008 02:36 AM

Thanks skywalker..

BHG0069 01-03-2008 07:41 PM

Im heading in Monday to sign the "papers" Cant wait to meet some of yall out on the road. I will be outta the Atlanta Terminal.

Thanks again for the thread. It has helped me beyond belief. I hope that this is the company that I can retire at ( 30+ years away ) :lol:

If there is some kind of recruitment bonus and you guys would like to have it send me a PM. It's the least I can do.

mike3fan 01-04-2008 05:26 AM

Quote:

Hey Carlo

I was comparing your estimation of Gross Pay and miles to Mike3fan and I notice he drove 113,000 miles so far this year and his gross pay is 180,054.54 I thought u guys are doing the same operation just different companies just curious why u expect to make alot less then him.. Thanks of the information and your doing a great job....Keep it Up thanks

90 hazmat ( mike3fan )

180 loads ( Mike3fan )

I can tell you why,because Cyanide is a slacker with a capital S. :lol:

MoneyCat 01-05-2008 12:38 AM

I just hauled my first tanker load at superior -- stuffed with neodol. Man I sure feel like a ragdoll driving these tankers :?

Cyanide 01-07-2008 04:32 AM

Final numbers for 2007...:D

And I'm pleased with how the first twelve weeks have gone as an I/C. More later. Y'all be safe and have fun! :wink:

Quote:

Week 50-10
-Wellford, SC to Greer, SC (hook preloaded tank)
-Greer, SC to Westville, IN (drop loaded tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Huntsville, AL to Valparaiso, IN (drop dirty tank)
-Valpo, IN to Westville, IN (hook loaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Kankakee, IL (customer unload)
-Kankakee, IL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-----Westville, IN to Bristol, VA (customer unload)
-----Bristol, VA to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank)
-Westville, IN to Demotte, IN (time off)
Gross: $4,150.68
Miles: 3,471
Avg.: $1.195/mile

Superior Carriers, Independent Contractor 2007 Totals, October 8th to December 16th:
Gross: $27,473.76
Hub Miles: 22,999
Paid Miles: 21,527
Loaded Miles: 13,034 (57%)
Empty Miles: 9,965 (43%)
Avg.: $1.194/mile
Hazmat Loads: 16
Days Working: 46

Days Off: 24

Week 51-11
-Demotte, IN to Westville, IN (hook preloaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Plymouth, IN (driver unload)
-Plymouth, IN to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, wash truck pump, hook preloaded tank)
-----Huntsville, AL to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Bristol, VA (customer unload)
-Bristol, VA to Westville, IN (drop dirty tank, hook preloaded tank)
-Westville, IN to Huntsville, AL (customer unload)
-Huntsville, AL to Jacksonville, FL (drop dirty tank, time off)
Gross: $4,392.52
Miles: 3,553
Avg.: $1.236/mile

Week 52-12
-Jacksonville, FL/Demotte, IN (time off)
Gross: N/A
Miles: 1,126

Superior Carriers, Independent Contractor 2007 Totals, October 8th to December 31st:
Gross: $31,803.78
Hub Miles: 27,678
Paid Miles: 25,072
Loaded Miles: 14,817 (54%)
Empty Miles: 12,861 (46%)
Avg.: $1.149/mile
Hazmat Loads: 20
Days Working: 52

Days Off: 33

Cyanide 01-11-2008 06:45 PM

Superior Carriers, 2007 Totals:

Company Driver, Jan. 1st to Oct. 7th
Gross: $39,608.90 (.582/mile)
Miles: 67,989
Hours: 887.00 (All non-driving and local hourly pay)
Days Working: 201
Days Off: 84

If we take all of my numbers here and average them out for the entire year, here's what I could have reasonably expected to make (All numbers divided by 9.25 months). :wink:
Gross: $51,384
Miles: 88,202
Hours: 1,150 (All non-driving and local hourly pay)
Hazmat Loads: 26
Days Working: 261
Days Off: 104

Independent Contractor, Oct. 8th to Dec. 31st
Hub Miles: 27,678 (ALL miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Paid Miles: 25,072 (All reported miles for revenue purposes)
Avg.: $1.149/mile (ALL miles, on- and off-duty.)

:D

rich2189 01-11-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Superior Carriers, 2007 Totals:

Gross: $39,608.90 (.582/mile)
Miles: 67,989
Days Working: 201
Days Off: 84

If we take all of my numbers here and average them out for the entire year, here's what I could have reasonably expected to make (All numbers divided by 9.25 months). :wink:
Gross: $51,384
Miles: 88,202
Hours: 1,150 (All non-driving and local hourly pay)
Hazmat Loads: 26
Days Working: 261
Days Off: 104

Hub Miles: 27,678 (ALL miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Paid Miles: 25,072 (All reported miles for revenue purposes)
Avg.: $1.149/mile (ALL miles, on- and off-duty.)
Days

Hey cyanide HAPPY NEW YEAR So what is your bottom line.There is 3 gross numbers you posted .i also spoke with T.M in rahway n.j. supose to have a meeting with him next week . i see all you guys from superior are happy skywalker mike3fan and the numbers are real nice to i will keep you up to date on the out come STAY SAFE RICH
:D

Skywalker 01-13-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
I can tell you why,because Cyanide is a slacker with a capital S. :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Chu got dat right!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

harleypiper 01-14-2008 11:55 PM

There is very good rea$on to be happy with $$$uperior. My first week out on my own with just under 2000 miles in 4 days, with sleeper pay, boarder pay, a couple of hrs. delay, and of course home on the weekend. When I was assigned my truck, they even paid me to bobtail it back to the terminal.

rich2189 01-15-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper
There is very good rea$on to be happy with $$$uperior. My first week out on my own with just under 2000 miles in 4 days, with sleeper pay, boarder pay, a couple of hrs. delay, and of course home on the weekend. When I was assigned my truck, they even paid me to bobtail it back to the terminal.

Congratulations good luck at superior. i have spoken to the T.M. in rahway n.j. he is going to pass my application onto safety he told me to call him this week to see if i passed through safety if so i have to meet with him i was woundering what to expect when i meet with him i just got out of cdl school and im woundering what kind of equipment they run thanks and be safe

harleypiper 01-15-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich2189
Quote:

Congratulations good luck at superior. i have spoken to the T.M. in rahway n.j. he is going to pass my application onto safety he told me to call him this week to see if i passed through safety if so i have to meet with him i was woundering what to expect when i meet with him i just got out of cdl school and im woundering what kind of equipment they run thanks and be safe

You meet with Frank correct? He's a good dude. Big Giants fan. He's a little wired but a good guy. I have met nothing but good people through out. I too was out of CDL school. As everyone has said, clean shaven, neatly dressed and want a career with the company, not just looking to get into it to see if you like it or not or use it as a stepping stone. As far as equipment, we use Internationals, I was assigned an 03 but it is on the trade list and I will be getting an 08 in May.

nsxman2001 01-16-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Have u gone into canada yet? Good luck on your new job at superior..I met with frank also he is a really good guy I'm also on the list to get in also just waiting on my approval..

good luck!

rich2189 01-16-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Have u gone into canada yet? Good luck on your new job at superior..I met with frank also he is a really good guy I'm also on the list to get in also just waiting on my approval..

good luck!

rich2189 01-16-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

good luck!

No im not working for them yet i have to call frank today to set up a meeting with him.How long have you been waiting on the list .I was offered a local class B home heating oil job and im still waiting for the ok from TSA for the hazmat approvel and the guys on here have great things to say about superior so i not should what to do anyway i will let you know what happens when i hear something

Cyanide 01-16-2008 03:23 PM

Bottom line after all is said and done...

Now that I have everything accounted for, I thought y'all might like seeing what my final actual numbers were after expense adjustments for a true total gross for the year.

Gross: $39,608.90
Miles: 67,989 (Paid miles... Sorry can't locate what actual odometer miles were)
Avg.: .582/mile
Days Working: 194
Days Off: 86

PLUS

Total fixed and variable expenses: $20,462.93
Taxable Net: $11,340.85
Hub Miles: 27,678 (ALL ODOMETER miles off-duty and on-duty.)
Avg.: $.409/mile (ALL ODOMETER miles, on- and off-duty.)

EQUALS

Gross: $50,949.75
Miles: 95,667
Avg.: .532/mile
Total Loads: 111
Hazmat Loads: 39 (35%)
Days Working: 246
Days Off: 119

Works for me! :wink:

PocketChange 01-16-2008 03:48 PM

I Like That

Thanks Cyanide. I'm certainly getting a look at the big picture now. The hook is definitely in my mouth. Who is going to complain about $11k after expenses and 33 days off in roughly 3 months?

I start on Jan. 28th in Archdale, NC. Due in Kingsport the following Mon., Feb. 4th. I hadn't considered O/O before, but perhaps after I build some reserves, do a little more research, and of course, get some time in, I'll put some "serious" thought into it.

nsxman2001 01-16-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

good luck!

No im not working for them yet i have to call frank today to set up a meeting with him.How long have you been waiting on the list .I was offered a local class B home heating oil job and im still waiting for the ok from TSA for the hazmat approvel and the guys on here have great things to say about superior so i not should what to do anyway i will let you know what happens when i hear something

Hey Rich

was you that called frank today around 12 noon? I was on the phone when he told me to hold on. he came back and said one of the other drivers was on the other line..I already been approved by NY state for hazmat and Tsa I'm just waiting on the criminal background check which I know is clear..he said driver license check was done and it OK so I'm guessing just a few more days..

Good Luck!

rich2189 01-16-2008 10:27 PM

[quote="nsxman2001"]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

good luck!

Hey Rich

was you that called frank today around 12 noon? I was on the phone when he told me to hold on. he came back and said one of the other drivers was on the other line..I already been approved by NY state for hazmat and Tsa I'm just waiting on the criminal background check which I know is clear..he said driver license check was done and it OK so I'm guessing just a few more days..

Yes i spoke with frank today .He told me to call at the end of the week he said he had to wait for the ok i guess from the higher ups weather he is able to hire.He said he might need 4 drivers. I don't even know what the job is offering , other than what i read from the guys on this site.I just got out of school in december so i have to get trained and go through the whole process also still waiting for hazmat check .nsxman you sound like your ready to go hope everything goes well ....keep in touch

nsxman2001 01-17-2008 05:12 AM

Hey Rich

Yes I am ready just waiting on frank. while I was there talking to him in person on jan 3 I was also able to talk to a female driver on the way out she has been there for 5 years and she said pretty much the same things about the company we been reading on this message board. I have to believe that all of it is true she also said quote " I will not leave superior until I die" for me those words are very strong I highly doubt someone that is unhappy would stay stay for 5 years. she also said that every company has there faults but she has been in trucking since 1985 and superior is the best in her opinion..So yes I am really looking forward to working there. I will keep everyone posted

thanks

rich2189 01-17-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Hey Rich

Yes I am ready just waiting on frank. while I was there talking to him in person on jan 3 I was also able to talk to a female driver on the way out she has been there for 5 years and she said pretty much the same things about the company we been reading on this message board. I have to believe that all of it is true she also said quote " I will not leave superior until I die" for me those words are very strong I highly doubt someone that is unhappy would stay stay for 5 years. she also said that every company has there faults but she has been in trucking since 1985 and superior is the best in her opinion..So yes I am really looking forward to working there. I will keep everyone posted

thanks

That sounds great i hope everythings goes well with you , i will keep you posted ......Later !

rich2189 01-17-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You meet with Frank correct? He's a good dude. Big Giants fan. He's a little wired but a good guy. I have met nothing but good people through out. I too was out of CDL school. As everyone has said, clean shaven, neatly dressed and want a career with the company, not just looking to get into it to see if you like it or not or use it as a stepping stone. As far as equipment, we use Internationals, I was assigned an 03 but it is on the trade list and I will be getting an 08 in May.

I didn't meet with frank yet just spoke with him on the phone he told me to call back at the end of the week .They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

wsyrob 01-17-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

Rumor around our shop is that the new trucks will be Volvo's

bigdaddyjollyrob 01-18-2008 01:58 AM

Great Job wsyrob, I should graduate on feb 14 I might get my road test a week earlier. I think I'll call the TM MIKE NEXT WEEK and tryto get an interview and fillout application.

harleypiper 01-18-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

good luck!

I wasn't on a list. I just got lucky and came in at the right time. They wanted 2 more people at the Springfield terminal and I was still in school so was told when I got my Class A with the endorsements, to call them back. When I did which was around Nov. 5th, I was on the road with a trainer the 24 of Nov. and as of last week 03Jan08 I was assigned a truck and sent on my own.

harleypiper 01-18-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't meet with frank yet just spoke with him on the phone he told me to call back at the end of the week .They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

Yea they are 10 speeds, I belive they are adding GPS with the touch screen qual coms. Thats what I got yesterday anyway.

harleypiper 01-18-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob
Quote:

They must be keeping u busy do you know if there buying new internationals or going another route. Sweet your getting a 08, are they staying with 10 speeds stay safe

Rumor around our shop is that the new trucks will be Volvo's

Nope, Internationals