Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

Cyanide 03-07-2009 11:30 PM

I know, I swore an oath of secrecy to protect the identity of one of our most esteemed and respected members here in the Superior family. But the pressure, the burden is simply too much to bear any longer and I hereby give to you..........

SKYWALKER REVEALED!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...82029-Copy.jpg

:nana:

PonceDeLeon 03-08-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 441509)
Man that sucks!! We are actually hiring 2 or 3 drivers. I saw our trainers out with some guys. How come you guys don't get more of the DOW runs that we get. From what I understood, we were doing them because your terminal couldn't keep up. You know how info. from drivers goes. Your not losing drivers are you. I'm in Markham now and was talking with a Sarnia driver. They are down to 8 drivers from 20. Those blokes are really hurting.

Markham seems to spin us out of there a lot quicker than they used to. I can't seem to latch on to one of them Salt Lake City runs! This ***** is all a roll of the dice. I'll book 3K this week and be in the "system" monday. Come Friday the 13th I would like to be home through St. Patricks!

I don't know if it means squat but I don't get a motel for layovers and I get around Markham off the toll roads.

I kind of run superior like i would my own, why pay a toll if there is free road, why stay in a motel when I have an rv, I'm cheap!

Don't get fat and happy - think production, cost containment, and customer satisfaction.

DDCavi 03-09-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 441509)
Man that sucks!! We are actually hiring 2 or 3 drivers. I saw our trainers out with some guys. How come you guys don't get more of the DOW runs that we get. From what I understood, we were doing them because your terminal couldn't keep up. You know how info. from drivers goes. Your not losing drivers are you. I'm in Markham now and was talking with a Sarnia driver. They are down to 8 drivers from 20. Those blokes are really hurting.

I dont see how we couldnt keep up, we have the man power. At this point im guessing it has to do with money. Much cheaper to send you on a 1.5hr drive to Dow compared to the 4hr drive for us. Still no driver layoffs, one mechanic was let go but hes been saying for months hes moving to Florida in june. All mechanics and wash bay techs are on a STRICT 40 hours only a week. Another problem we have up here is H.O Bouchard. They haul for nothing, theyre straight out all the time.

Skywalker 03-09-2009 03:04 AM

No Carlo..... I'm better looking than that. Here's what I look like....

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...ipsouth010.jpg

It was a rather cold day...right before a gale hit on the Chesapeake Bay, Nov 24, 2007......

"Handsome", aren't I?

:moon::D:p

wsyrob 03-09-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 441693)
No Carlo..... I'm better looking than that. Here's what I look like....

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...ipsouth010.jpg

It was a rather cold day...right before a gale hit on the Chesapeake Bay, Nov 24, 2007......

"Handsome", aren't I?

:moon::D:p

I am surprised they let you in and out of ports. You have that terrorist look about you.

DDCavi 03-09-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 441694)
I am surprised they let you in and out of ports. You have that terrorist look about you.

He must of had his TWIC card on him... :)

married to the road 03-09-2009 09:03 PM

Not trying to hijack post, but I put in an application online today. It didn't give me an option which terminal to send it to or anything. Charlotte would be closer than High Point, but I'm willing to go to either.
My question is, should I call recruiting or a terminal? (it lists to recruiting # as 800 655 0688) Or should I just wait to see if they call me? And is there a chance they are hiring?

DDCavi 03-09-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by married to the road (Post 441786)
Not trying to hijack post, but I put in an application online today. It didn't give me an option which terminal to send it to or anything. Charlotte would be closer than High Point, but I'm willing to go to either.
My question is, should I call recruiting or a terminal? (it lists to recruiting # as 800 655 0688) Or should I just wait to see if they call me? And is there a chance they are hiring?

I believe the email gets forwarded to your closest terminal. It never hurts to call and see if the application was recieved. On the hiring note, I couldnt tell you that but im sure one of these other fine drivers may know. But if you call you can get a straight forward answer within mins.

PS Cant highjack a thread when your question refers to the company the thread is about.

married to the road 03-09-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 441792)
I believe the email gets forwarded to your closest terminal. It never hurts to call and see if the application was recieved. On the hiring note, I couldnt tell you that but im sure one of these other fine drivers may know. But if you call you can get a straight forward answer within mins.

PS Cant highjack a thread when your question refers to the company the thread is about.

Oh, I guess it wasnt a hijack then. So it would probably be a good idea to call terminal?

DDCavi 03-09-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by married to the road (Post 441801)
So it would probably be a good idea to call terminal?

Itll only benefit you.