Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   J.B. Hunt (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/23576-j-b-hunt.html)

Useless 01-07-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasman2
.... Can't we all just be friends :D

Absolutely!!! Just because I disagree with someone does not mean that we can't be friends, or even agree on other issues!!
8)

mikey4069 01-08-2007 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey4069
On the index page i see a list of the moderator's names on it but i dont see sheepdancer and i don't see useless on there . So i think you all should leave it up to them. just my 2 cents.

You have not seen me attempt to act as a moderator. You HAVE seen me take issue with Sheepdancer, and what I consider to be inappropriate behavior in making allegations which are not supported by fact or evidence. I will take issue with someone who makes an unwarranted threat as Sheepdancer did, and I will do it with no apologies to offer.

If Sheepdancer has reason to suspect that "Piece Of Work" is a poser, then he certainly has the right to say so, but with the understanding that he is rendering a personal opinion. Making a threat of "starting a war" was, in my opinion, completely wrong.

Now, I disagree with your assessment of equating this discussion with the trash talk on a CB; no vulgarity has been used, and no threats have been made by anyone, other than the threat that Sheepdancer made to P.O.W.. One purpose that this board does serve is the airing of civil discourse, and this is an example of people voicing disagreements. If you really equate this discourse with the kind of C.B. trash talk that goes on in truck stop parking lots, then you always have the option of reading other forums, or other threads, or, as in the analogy that you offered, turningb the C.B. off!!!

Now, if I made a threat against you, or attempted to imply that I would let your "crap" slide, then I would be acting improperly. BTW, referencing your remarks as "crap" was to illustrate Sheepdancer's inappropriate conduct in labeling "P.O.W.'s posting as "CFI crap". I'm not saying that your post was crap, but if I did, I think that you would have every right to express your indignation.

I have never worked for jb or cfi so i dont know much about them . but i would work for cfi and not jb. Let me say you were right about sheepdancer but i think the moderator's should be the one's dealing with him. Useless your opinion on MOST things is right on the money . 8)

Useless 01-08-2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

I have never worked for jb or cfi so i dont know much about them . but i would work for cfi and not jb.

I'll admit, I get a more than a little bit touchy when someone tries to dis' CFI or their drivers. I never drove for them, but had an offer to drive for them right before I came off the road. I will admit that I would not have reacted so strongly if this had involved just about any other company out there.

CFI is an exception, and as far as I'm concerned, for good reason!!

Here are a few reasons why I say that:

Like just about every other noobie out there, I was not born with a steering wheel in one hand and a gear shift in the other one, and there were times when I struggled. (The difference is that I'll admit to it!!) :D

Not long after I began running solo, one night I was headed Eastbound on IH 10 in Southern La. I found myself driving in a blinding rain storm; needed to pull off and shut down, but driving over the swampland, there was nowhere to do it. As Blessings would have it, I had a CFI driver behind me. I told him that I was still pretty new, and he stayed behind me, and coached me through it the entire time, offering advice and encouragement. None of this "noobie put-down" crap. Being a relatively new driver, it brought me a great deal of comfort.

On another occasion, I was headed down the "Chicken Hauler's Highway" (N.M Hwy. 54 from South of Lordsburg down to Las Cruces)) late one night, when the alternator in my truck decided to take early retirement. My cell phone was out of range, there was very little in the way of traffic; this is one of the few "quiet, lonesome backroads left!!) THankfully, I had a CFI truck was in front of me. I talked to the CFI driver on the CB, shut down everything that I could to preserve what power I had left, and he stayed with me the entire time. Well, I made it through the mountains, but not quite to the T/A truck stop in Las Cruses, N.M. He stayed with me, loaned me his cell phone, and didn't leave until the wrecker arrived.

I offered to pay him something; he wouldn't take anything, except to ask that I be willing to help another driver who might need it some day.

I'm not saying that there are not good drivers driving for other companies, but I will say that I never had anything but a good experience dealing with CFI or Melton drivers. They have always seemed a cut above their competition to me. So, when I hear a recruiter for another company make mention of "starting a war", with somebody from CFI, it hits a pretty strong chord with me.

It's like,"If you dis' CFI or Melton, or one of their people, then you are dissin' one of my brothers (or, sisters, as the case may be!!)!!"

BTW, the Red color here is in honor of those Fine CFI Guys!!
:rock:

mikey4069 01-08-2007 04:05 AM

Im looking for a new job and would like to drive for CFI but they dont hire out of northern california .

Useless 01-08-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Im looking for a new job and would like to drive for CFI but they dont hire out of northern california .

Are you in a position to re-locate??

mikey4069 01-08-2007 04:10 AM

would love to move out of cali but nope not at this time.

mikey4069 01-08-2007 04:13 AM

Been looking at may trucking. I was a trainer with usx and i hear may trucking needs some better trainers . :lol:

Useless 01-08-2007 04:36 AM

Quote:

Been looking at may trucking. I was a trainer with usx and i hear may trucking needs some better trainers . :lol:

Well, BOL2U, Bro!!

Smooth 01-08-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alohawolf
My preferred way to work, is 6 weeks out, 6 days home, without slipseating.

I also attend conventions several times a year. which means one to two times a year I need to be able to take a week off, sometimes at a place that is not my home terminal.

What the hell kind of company would make you slipseat if you were out 6 weeks at a time ?

Colin 01-08-2007 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alohawolf
My preferred way to work, is 6 weeks out, 6 days home, without slipseating.

I also attend conventions several times a year. which means one to two times a year I need to be able to take a week off, sometimes at a place that is not my home terminal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth
What the hell kind of company would make you slipseat if you were out 6 weeks at a time ?

The kind of company who prefers their rolling stock stay that way. I don't like it either, but look at it from the company's point of view.