Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   TMC (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/16152-tmc.html)

terrylamar 11-27-2006 06:01 PM

Re: I'm going to TMC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToolMaker
I'll begin my orientation on January 2nd. I wanted a bit of time to straighten out all the little things at home between now and then, so I can focus 100% on my job once I get to Des Moines. I can't wait!

Jeff

Hey Jeff, I had the big O today. Right now I feel no paid. If everything goes right, and I think it will I'll be in orientation with you. I'm the tall devilishly handsome guy...........not. Anyone else going, let's get together. I have found in any endeavor it is best to have a support group. Let's encourage and help each other do the best we can. I'll be bringing my truck, so I'll have transportation. It sucks having to ride the shuttle bus. Write down my cell, anyone (512) 947-2122. Once again if anyone is coming from Texas to DM and anywhere in between I'll offer a ride.

ToolMaker 11-27-2006 07:11 PM

Re: I'm going to TMC

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:

I'll begin my orientation on January 2nd. I wanted a bit of time to straighten out all the little things at home between now and then, so I can focus 100% on my job once I get to Des Moines. I can't wait!

Jeff

Hey Jeff, I had the big O today. Right now I feel no paid. If everything goes right, and I think it will I'll be in orientation with you. I'm the tall devilishly handsome guy...........not. Anyone else going, let's get together. I have found in any endeavor it is best to have a support group. Let's encourage and help each other do the best we can. I'll be bringing my truck, so I'll have transportation. It sucks having to ride the shuttle bus. Write down my cell, anyone (512) 947-2122. Once again if anyone is coming from Texas to DM and anywhere in between I'll offer a ride.

glad the operation went smoothly. I'll be coming to Des Moines from CT, so I haven't figured out yet how I'll get there (bus sounds unappealing!) Now that I've committed, I can't wait!!

jefrf

BoyNextDoor 11-27-2006 07:22 PM

first day of school done... yayy!!! I get to do less work, since i have my license already... I even drove in traffic today, and started learning to doubleclutch... to the people that want to come down, your best off driving... no matter how far (nyc for me) it's way worth having "legs" here, in middleofnowhereland... I'm not regreting it one bit... driving 17 hours...

Good luck to anyone, and i hope soon i can m eet you guys somewhere...

cheers

BND

ToolMaker 11-27-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyNextDoor
first day of school done... yayy!!! I get to do less work, since i have my license already... I even drove in traffic today, and started learning to doubleclutch... to the people that want to come down, your best off driving... no matter how far (nyc for me) it's way worth having "legs" here, in middleofnowhereland... I'm not regreting it one bit... driving 17 hours...

Good luck to anyone, and i hope soon i can m eet you guys somewhere...

cheers

BND

congrats, BND........when do you start orientation?

jeff

terrylamar 11-27-2006 08:37 PM

TMC drivers I am looking for an opinion. If everything goes well I will be working for TMC in the very near future. I am within the hiring area, so I will, automatically be Line Haul. My inclination is to go Long Haul. I don't have any dependants or any other reason that I have to home at any particular time. Texas Dedicated doesn't really appeal to me, the drudgery of doing the same thing day in and day out. On the other hand I am still have my Federal Firearms License and I have been attending gunshow every weekend, isn't Texas great? There are three or four gunshow almost every weekend and sometimes more! So, if I am Line Haul and I can count on so many weekends at home, that would allow me to continue my Firearms Business as well as trucking. Also, if I wanted to stay out I'm told, I can stay Line Haul and just request as many Long Haul runs as I want. My main focus is trucking so if something has to give it would be the gunshows. Any opinions?

ToolMaker 11-27-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

So, if I am Line Haul and I can count on so many weekends at home, that would allow me to continue my Firearms Business as well as trucking.

Damn, I knew there was a reason I liked you! :D

terrylamar 11-27-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So, if I am Line Haul and I can count on so many weekends at home, that would allow me to continue my Firearms Business as well as trucking.

That is what I have been doing for the past 12 years plus. I was a full time gunsmith, retail sales of firearms at the shop and gunshows every weekend. I'm a factory certified armorer for Colt, Mossberg, S&W, Bushmaster/Blackwater, Glock, Sig and Remington. I might have missed a few. I specialized in AR 15 rifles and accessories.`During my down time I might attend a Beretta Armorer's course in FT. Worth. Trucking won out over becoming a Small Arms Repairer for one of the branches of the Military as a Civilian. Barely.

ToolMaker 11-27-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is what I have been doing for the past 12 years plus. I was a full time gunsmith, retail sales of firearms at the shop and gunshows every weekend. I'm a factory certified armorer for Colt, Mossberg, S&W, Bushmaster/Blackwater, Glock, Sig and Remington. I might have missed a few. I specialized in AR 15 rifles and accessories.`During my down time I might attend a Beretta Armorer's course in FT. Worth. Trucking won out over becoming a Small Arms Repairer for one of the branches of the Military as a Civilian. Barely.

Super cool! After I finished my ToolMaker apprenticeship, I thought about gunsmithing a bit (always fond of firearms!) but never pursued it.

Just bought (ordered) a laptop to bring to Iowa (and OTR) with me........I'm fired up!

jeff

terrylamar 11-27-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

[Super cool! After I finished my ToolMaker apprenticeship, I thought about gunsmithing a bit (always fond of firearms!) but never pursued it.

jeff

Machining is just about the most important skill you can have as a gunsmith. Any monkey can learn the rest.

Mackman 11-27-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

I'm a factory certified armorer for Colt, Mossberg, S&W, Bushmaster/Blackwater, Glock, Sig and Remington. I might have missed a few.

What about the best 1911 made KIMBER. are you certified woth kimber.

Sorry to get off topic.