User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I need of a Class B partner

Long story short. I have my Class A. I've done my time in a tractor trailer, then I did Class B expediting for a short time. I want to get back into class B. Problem is, I can't find anyone who wants to. Everyone is either happy in their currents jobs or nobody wants to be OTR. I'm currently located in North Central Pennsylvania and most likely will be relocating back to the Pittsburgh area in the near future. I'm in my 30's, female, have no reason to come home on a regular basis and I have a dog that goes with me, no exceptions. I want to go back to the company I was originally with. I just don't know where to look to find a partner. Male or female, it doesn't matter, but I prefer a male co-driver.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member

good luck stephanieplum. I understand going back to the area of trucking you most enjoy. And you should be able to do that, but 1 small factor that may stand in your way of finding a co-driver is your pet. Some people are allergy to dog dander, and having to stop to let the animal go to the restroom, when you need to continue driving to make appts on time. My past experience with a co-driver that had his small dog on board was , when I was setting in the jump seat his dog didn't want to stay on the floor, it wanted to be held and wasn't fair to me to have to hold it when I was riding up front. As well as his dog's hair ruined a couple of sweaters of mine because I couldn't remove it's hair when I washed my clothes. .. their hair fly's around inside of a small cab, so you have to be careful when fixing a bit to eat in the truck because if there was a fresh breeze blowing in the windows it also blew the dog hair on your food. As a solo driver it's great comfort to it have your pet. Good luck.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 02-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Rookie

Well I would go with you but i have a big dog of my own . good luck .