User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any openily LGBT friendly companies out there?

Do you know of any openly LGBT friendly trucking companies out there?

i am not necessarily talking about companies that have lgbt drivers and are cool with it (not that there is anything wrong with that) but rather companies that are openly LGBT friendly and preferably LGBT owned.

You can pm me if you feel more comfortable.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 PM

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender for those wondering. Had to search what meant lol. Had idea that's what meant. Unfortunately I don't know any.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Board Regular
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalized torture View Post
Do you know of any openly LGBT friendly trucking companies out there?

i am not necessarily talking about companies that have lgbt drivers and are cool with it (not that there is anything wrong with that) but rather companies that are openly LGBT friendly and preferably LGBT owned.

You can pm me if you feel more comfortable.

Just saw this ..weird.. post..
This is TRUCKING... nobody gives a flying **** who you have sex with. Also.. you wont be having a lot of sex lmao. We work. ALL the time. When we arent working we are asleep. A supermodel could crawl in the sleeper and the average driver would say "ill yell at you when i wake up but it has to be quick".

Hell trucking isnt even human friendly.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Dearborn, Michigan would be a good place to start looking.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member

In a short, no. I don't know of any. I've not found many folks in this industry that are very accepting. I also don't know of any LGBT-owned companies.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Rookie

I guess my question in why would you care? As long as the company treats you right, pays you, and keept you moving and employed. Like someone already said, who cares who you sleep with. Especially since I dont have to know,since you will be cooped up in that modified tin can called a sleepercab. Are we looking to start segregation again, only straights in this company, LGBT here, etc? Lets get serious, this is the 21st century. I dont agree with that lifestyle, but if you keep it out of my face I dont care what you do in the bedroom. I also dont care what your sexual preference is whether I work for you or just drive for the same company (as long as I dont have to share the sleeper with you).
Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Rookie

It's just like high school. There's always those insecure "macho" guys who just have to know who is gay so they can feel better about themselves. If they can't find an actual gay dude to harass, they will select someone to accuse of being gay so they can harass that guy.
If you are OTR, you will not have this problem. But if you have to be around the same guys every day, even if just to be in the office 5 or 10 minutes each day, it will be the old high school thing all over again. People are desperate to be in the "in crowd", and they need to create a victim who is not in the "in crowd".
A gay guy joined our company ( he acted like he was gay, and referred to his "partner" he lived with, kept his truck cab immaculate, but I never asked him if he was gay, just assumed.) I don't know if anyone harassed him, but another driver asked me if he was gay, and I said I did not know, then another driver chimed in with " Yeah, he's gay". They want to know who's gay.
I don't know any lbgt friendly companies. Like I said, there will always be the miserable weak and insecure people looking for the "outsider" to pick on.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Being gay won't be an issue with most companies unless you make it an issue. Whether someone is gay or not will not usually come up unless the one who is gay brings it up. In that case, it could be an issue. The reason being is that most companies don't like controversy. In this industry, carriers are looking for good drivers who can do the job. They are not likely to ask you about your sexual preferences. My advice would be to not even bring it up to any carrier to whom you are applying. I noticed that you posted another thread asking the same question other than as a team. When you apply to a carrier, you can apply and ask to be assigned a truck as a team. There are some drivers who hire on with a friend or spouse with the plan to be in the same truck. You can request to be assigned together. I don't recall your mentioning your level of experience. If either of you have limited or no experience, you may need to go with an experienced trainer for few weeks to a few months. It is rare to put two inexperienced drivers together until they gain more experience. If you both have at least 6-12 months experience, you may find a company that will put you together more quickly. You will need to check with carriers who have teams and speak with their recruiting department. There is no need to mention anything about being gay.