User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default us army vet needs some help

Hello all. Iam a 8 year vet of the army and was a truck driver for them during that time. Well i moved to charlotte nc and am trying to get a local job.
My problem lies with that am having a hard time finding a local company who works with the military experience.

Iam a class A license holder with tanker and working on my hazmat now. Just looking for suggestions from the more expert truckers.

Thank you for any and all help
Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran 88m View Post
Hello all. Iam a 8 year vet of the army and was a truck driver for them during that time. Well i moved to charlotte nc and am trying to get a local job.
My problem lies with that am having a hard time finding a local company who works with the military experience.

Iam a class A license holder with tanker and working on my hazmat now. Just looking for suggestions from the more expert truckers.

Thank you for any and all help
Well, unfortunately a lot of employers will not consider your military experience. Maybe it is time to see if the mega carriers will entertain employing you. Then after a year you could check back and try and get a local position, as you would now have experience.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorMember

This may be a bit biased but have you tried applying to the trucking companies hiring on CAD? If you fill out the application, it will match you with trucking companies hiring in your area; yeah most are OTR but some have local routes. the job search on this site also has some local jobs. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Rookie

Seems to be what i have ran into. They want u cause you are a veteran but they say it is hard to pull your driving record from the miltary. But its all good. I prob will do regional so am close to home well gaining the experience. Alot said i could do a combine thing where i could us both for pay scale wise but i will see lol. Thank you all for the help and am always up for suggestions.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Senior Board Member

did you try fedex freight? don't just send an app online, go to the terminal. that's how a friend of mine got on with them up here in delran.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Rookie

Yea unfortunately military experience does not fit into the neat little box. Keep trying someone will hire you. Thanks for your service to our country. On another note, consider staying in the reserves, I wish that I had, I could use the future retirement.