User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What about PRIME or SWIFT?

Both have schools for refresher courses.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Opinions and advice needed. I need to get back on the road.

Thanks!

-Chuck
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Board Regular

No... dear God no. Just no. ANYONE else. No swift. No prime. No jb (they may suck less these days). No werner, schneider or usa truck if you ever want to see your home.
You can try a local moving company (you'll have to lift heavy stuff) just to get your foot back in for 6 months to a year.. you'll also get in great shape. You can pay 2-3 grand.. thats what id do if i could scrounge it..
I went to a moving company for a while after 2 years just to keep current. then teamed a bit. A GOOD company might be willing to team you with a driver for a month or two to get you current. I'd flip burgers before i went to any of the above companies. Seriously.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid View Post
No... dear God no. Just no. ANYONE else. No swift. No prime. No jb (they may suck less these days). No werner, schneider or usa truck if you ever want to see your home.
You can try a local moving company (you'll have to lift heavy stuff) just to get your foot back in for 6 months to a year.. you'll also get in great shape. You can pay 2-3 grand.. thats what id do if i could scrounge it..
I went to a moving company for a while after 2 years just to keep current. then teamed a bit. A GOOD company might be willing to team you with a driver for a month or two to get you current. I'd flip burgers before i went to any of the above companies. Seriously.
I hear ya. My back won't let me do moving companies. I am much too ouch of shape for that; and my back is just not that strong.

I'm being railroaded into getting on the damn Government dole. Which I refuse to do! I have ADHD and people keep telling me, I can get Social Security. SCREW THAT! I wanna work. Not be a lazy ass.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8cpa View Post
I hear ya. My back won't let me do moving companies. I am much too ouch of shape for that; and my back is just not that strong.

I'm being railroaded into getting on the damn Government dole. Which I refuse to do! I have ADHD and people keep telling me, I can get Social Security. SCREW THAT! I wanna work. Not be a lazy ass.

Is this turd really almost too much to handle.......or is it just me?

CQ CQ CQ wannabe and current malingerer. You don't need our collective advice, and or (passive pity) to indulge your wish to remain on the dole from various government entities.

"BAD BACK." HA! We all do cream puff. Just sit and ponder for the next 8 years. Then take another stab at it when your back feels better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8cpa View Post
I'm being railroaded into getting on the damn Government dole.
.......................but you wear it so well, dear. Your ass doesn't even look big.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

ANY JOB CAN BE A GOOD JOB WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB! Go with whatever LEGAL company that will hire you, avoid any fly by night place or any that will pay on a 1099. You want RECORDS of your work history.

I deleted the part where I blasted belpre for jumping all over you after reading the other thread! Gman and Sheepdancer have been around here a LOOOONG time and honestly if they told you to jump then it would be a good idea to jump.They know there shizit and sheeps not a troll, he's hired more drivers than miles you've ever driven! One last thing RESPECT! try giveing some and you'll get it in return.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Last edited by repete; 03-16-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Rookie

I noticed on your message you referred to : I quote No swift. No prime. No jb (they may suck less these days). No werner, schneider or usa truck if you ever want to see your home. who would you recommend ?