User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wawa

Does anyone have any info on their local beverage distribution center? I hear good things about them but can't find anything online. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Board Icon

You mean the one's that deliver for the WaWa stores? From what I have seen they have several divisions you can run. Talked to one driver, he was very content with them. As far as I know they are based out of Wawa, PA.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Rookie

Wawa Dairy or Beverage drivers. I know they are off route 1 just outside of Media. I was hoping to get some info on them and or a link to apply. I work for the same local union that their drivers are a part of and would like to try and get in.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 PM

cant go wrong. Wawas are always busy and most of them have truck parking so delivering to one wont be such a pain in the ass
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Board Icon

Here ya go: Wawa - Careers - Apply Now

Down towards the bottom, looks like they aren't currently hiring drivers. Maybe you need to try and befriend a current driver for them if they are part of your union. Might get you a leg up when a position opens.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I remember WAWA when I lived in Philly. Seemed like they were just starting out. They bought out a couple of places in that neighborhood, but there was no convenient area for any trucks to park there. Supplies were unloaded from the street, right in front of the stores. Since then, when I've been in NJ, I enjoyed the larger access behind the store between deliveries and pick-ups. I've heard they were coming to FL, and just yesterday, the girl at my favorite gas station said that a big chain bought the property next door. Didn't say if it was a WAWA or not. Hope they go with their Philadelphis style sandwiches, rather than switch to the local "Cubans".

But, as far as their drivers, I've heard no complaints at all from any of them. And, when looking for a job, if you can get into a place that very seldom hires, it's the place to go. Generally, companies do not have openings because their people never quit. You have to wait for someone to retire or die to give you an opening. Even then, they aren't likely to advertise it because they've already got half a dozen in mind to fill one spot. Sounds like it might be a good place to go to work.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Board Icon

I saw a rumor on the internet that they are headed for Florida. Here's where I saw it, on their own site: Wawa - Florida

I LOVE their made to order hoagies with some mac-n-cheese.............the best hoagie I have had is their hot prime beef with cheese and all that gravy!!!! Normally it's chunky beef instead of sliced.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Good luck with WAWA. I live less then 3 miles form wawa pa. They are like UPS never hire. and when they do i doubt they will hire someone off the street. I hear they make almost 24/hr.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie Quo View Post
Does anyone have any info on their local beverage distribution center? I hear good things about them but can't find anything online. Thanks in advance.
our local beverage centre bloody good ,all booze we need at end of week is there.must be different in your end of world
Old 10-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
I remember WAWA when I lived in Philly. Seemed like they were just starting out. They bought out a couple of places in that neighborhood, but there was no convenient area for any trucks to park there. Supplies were unloaded from the street, right in front of the stores. Since then, when I've been in NJ, I enjoyed the larger access behind the store between deliveries and pick-ups. I've heard they were coming to FL, and just yesterday, the girl at my favorite gas station said that a big chain bought the property next door. Didn't say if it was a WAWA or not. Hope they go with their Philadelphis style sandwiches, rather than switch to the local "Cubans".

But, as far as their drivers, I've heard no complaints at all from any of them. And, when looking for a job, if you can get into a place that very seldom hires, it's the place to go. Generally, companies do not have openings because their people never quit. You have to wait for someone to retire or die to give you an opening. Even then, they aren't likely to advertise it because they've already got half a dozen in mind to fill one spot. Sounds like it might be a good place to go to work.
It is true they are coming to Florida, in fact they are already here... 5 stores here in Orlando this year with many many more coming in the next 5 yeats that will include the entire I-4 corridor all the way to Tampa. They are big news around here in fact they have caused such an uproar that my wifes company decided to unload their 30 BP Stores which were bought by Circle K, so needless to say the wife is looking to move to WAWA, starting pay for a GM is over $50K not bad.. The company even brought down Coraluzzo Co., Inc. & Torrissi Transport to pull the fuel here in the Orlando Market. Should be some amazing growth in the next few years for WAWA.

Timberwolf