User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Questions about Sysco Foods Inc hiring

My husband used to work for Sysco in Cleveland years ago. He left to move out of state for a time. Since he moved back home he has been trying to get back in. He just had a forth interview this past week and they again sent him another letter that they hired someone more qualified. My husband has over 26 years truck driving experience and he has been doing nothing but driving a truck for years. He is local not otr and still each time he applies it is the same letter. I am wonder if this is just that they don't or want to rehire. He is a very dedicated worker and doesn't mind hard work, doesn't call off it. The interviewer always tells them he is what they are looking for then he gets this we chose someone more qualified letter.

Any ideas
Chrissy
Old 12-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Rookie

Probably age related,If he has that much experience it would cost them more money than it would to get a young man with a strong back that will work cheaper,Just a guess but they can be a hard nut to crack!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Board Icon

That sounds kinda strange. Sysco normally hires just about anyone that can walk on 2 legs. Even if your husband is middle aged, Sysco usually gives everyone a fighting chance. Throwing groceries is a young man's game lol.
I would encourage your husband to call them and put them on the spot. Ask exactly what the issue is.

http://watsonsysco.com/