User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A possible job Offer, even before starting school ?

Hi all, Fresh meat here (heck, I should have used that as my forum ID ... FreshMeat ... hehe). Thanks for letting me into the forum.

I start school in two weeks at the local community college, to get my CDL A and have been reading much about the industry and this evening, as I was leaving a store, I saw a trucker unloading propane bottles. I asked the driver about the job and told him I was starting school soon and he said to call his company ASAP. It's called Blue Rhino. I read a post about them here at CAD, but not much info was given though. Was told by this man I could make $300/day but I would need to get a Haz-Mat endorsement. Was he hi-balling the pay scale, doing recruiting, to get me to sign on? I mean, I haven't even started school yet and that would be $6K month? Besides, I'm used to being happy just to have a job, and at $350/wk so I'd much rather have an employer who appreciates their drivers and works with them, than make big bucks and be under pressure all the time.

Is Blue Rhino a company that plays by the rules and ok to work for?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member

In case you don't get any responses from people with Blue Rhino specific insight...

I'd take a chance if it were me. Assuming you're in good enough shape to handle the physical demands of the job, it sounds like a good place to get started. But to be clear, I don't know anything about the company except that I've been a consumer of their propane.