User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I honestly love all the sweating while securing/tarping. Best way to naturally cleanse the body. Sucks if you can't get to a truckstop that you can showr at for free (I refuse to pay for showers on principle) after though... im a clean freak tho.

Glad its workin out for you... My wife called JB out of curiousity for intermodal/local positions and told the recruiter she was just inquiring and wasn't ready to set up orientation.. then the lady asked her 4 times when she wanted to come to orientation before my wife just hung up. She got a bad feeling.. but my philosophy is.. every job is what you make of it.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Rookie

I drove for JB Hunt back in 2004 dedicated to a furniture manufacturer in Corning Ark. I have to say, I took the job mostly because I had already placed my application in as a company driver for the manufacturer. I was offered a job, but my friend told me Swift was taking over hauling all their loads, so I said no thanks. My friend called me nearly 6 months later and told me Swift lost the account and the some outfit renting Penske trucks was taking over the hauling and they needed solid drivers. I said sure. I didn't know it was JB Hunt till I had my phone interview. At which point I had already quit my job.

As an old school trucker, I had preconceived notions about JB Hunt and looked down on that company. Was I ever proved wrong! Everything I thought I knew about JB Hunt was absolutely (for lack of better word) complete and udder B.S. JB Hunt was and still is one of the best companies to work for, I have ever experienced in my entire 16 years of trucking. I did have to shove boxes of furniture to the tailgate, and there were multiple stops sometimes as many as 14. Yes there were NYC loads, and yes JB Hunt is funny about some of their rules, such as talking on cell phone while driving and such. However, JB Hunt pays you for nearly everything you do, safety bonus, fuel bonus, stop off pay for multiple stops etc etc.

It was my experience with JB Hunt that most OTR drivers thought it would be nice to go dedicated till they realized that 1) your miles aren't as good as OTR, 2) when I was doing dedicated the pay was actually a bit lower than OTR. 3) You did a lot of unloading at customer sites. Many otr guys would come and stay about a month then transfer back to otr. Dedicated is not for everyone, there are some great benefits to it, and some down sides also. In the long run, I really liked it. It was real discouraging to see that company close which effectively ended that dedicated account. Furniture made in China ultimately closed the doors to Hart Furniture.

I wish you luck on your position and hope you are still enjoying it. JB Hunt has awesome benefits for all it's drivers.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Well - my body just can't handle this physical labor stuff any more. Yesterday was a really bad one on me. Woke up this morning and can't even walk upright... Between my arthritis (mainly in my hands & shoulders) and my muscles in the rest of my body just being out of shape, I'm hurting. If I got into a fight with someone right now, I'd lose for the simple reason that I can't even make a fist without cringing in pain. Some days I can barely grip the steering wheel tight enough.

I called my manager yesterday and put in my 2 week notice (longer than normal, but I feel bad since there's only me and one other driver on this account right now). I'm going back to no-touch, drop and hook dry van freight simply because it's all I can handle.

Other than it being a flatbed position, I loved this account. Take the load, deliver it, then deadhead back. Running 50% of the miles empty was great. Also, running the same roads each day made it nice because you knew exactly which truckstops to stop at and at what time of the day they weren't packed.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Rookie

I am so glad to hear this, I'm a recruiter for these runs and when I hear a driver excited about them, it makes my job feel good. Thanks for the great input and stay safe out there
Old 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Rookie

You have to be in good shape to flatbed.

CLICK TO DRIVE MAVERICK
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Heh - yup - definitely not a 12yr dock-bumping door swinger.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_T View Post
I am so glad to hear this, I'm a recruiter for these runs and when I hear a driver excited about them, it makes my job feel good. Thanks for the great input and stay safe out there
JB Hunt recruiter?

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Greetings,
I recently contacted J.B Hunt about an job in Seymour Indiana, a spotter job. they told me that the job was available .i applied and was accepted. once i quit my job and was ready to go to orientation .j.b hunt from Louisville Kentucky called and said the spotter job was filled. so i asked what else they had. jb from Louisville said they have an account in Seymour and i could run it until the spotter came available . i said great. so i went to orientation. passed all the test and was asked to call my driver manager Greg Mccorkle at 734-355-8092. a number he rarely answers. So i Called and he said come on up i have a truck waiting on you. I showed up and he said," we don't have a truck here. you have to go to Louisville Kentucky' .. Greg asked me to drive someone Else's truck to Louisville. i said sure ,i got in the truck and saw it needed fuel... i stopped in Memphis Indiana to fuel.. But i couldn't get fuel.. the truck was dead on empty.and died twice on the way to Louisville. i called Greg and said, i need fuel....he said since i was not assigned to the truck ,i could not get fuel ,,to bring it back to Seymour Indiana... and by the grace of luck, the truck made it back to Seymour ,only dieing twice on the way back. Now having wasted a day. i find myself once again in Greg's office. He said to go home and come back tomorrow at eight am... and i did... he(Greg) showed up at nine ....i show up at eight and set in the corner,, waiting for him.. Greg shows up and tells me he put me on some medical leave to help get me assigned to a truck,,, that.makes no sense. i say OK because i just need to start making money.... I sit and wait in the office of Greg and his helper... and they kinda forget I'm there,,, and start talking openly ...They start talking of dumb ass drivers. and a driver calls and he locks the keys in his truck.. Greg and his helper tells the driver to figure it out and wouldn't give him a com check to pay the lock smith...i overhear this and say ,just get a pair of pliers and turn the outer ring of the wing lock,, problem solved..they..wouldn't tell the driver the solution.or help him... once the driver ended the call they made fun of him. ya, real professional..then i over heard them saying how they had too many trucks for the loads and they would just pass them off to a Quaker account and send them to Chicago. or just send them home..Greg's helper started talking .asking why in the hell.(exact words) does it take 45 minutes to get from the t.a truck stop to the psp account in Seymour.. i say well when you have a driver in the fuel island its a 30 minute wait and 15 minute drive from the t.a to here .any one that has driven knows thirty minutes is the norm for a fuel stop.. i can clearly see neither has driven .After sitting there for hours and still not cleared to do anything , i say to Greg I'm going to the house i will be back tomorrow at nine.. Greg says no you WILL wait here,,,i say mmm NO i wont waste all day here ,,ill be back tomorrow.. having already overheard them talking about no loads for today 09/04/12... ALL THE WHILE THINKING ABOUT THEM MAKING FUN OF THERE DRIVERS.. the bad thing is Ive noticed they never talk that way when the safety guy is there..IF this is the face of J.B hunt ,I want no part of it...all in all it was a complete waste of my time...
Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notajbdriver View Post
Greetings,
I recently contacted J.B Hunt about an job in Seymour Indiana, a spotter job. they told me that the job was available .i applied and was accepted. once i quit my job and was ready to go to orientation .j.b hunt from Louisville Kentucky called and said the spotter job was filled. so i asked what else they had. jb from Louisville said they have an account in Seymour and i could run it until the spotter came available . i said great. so i went to orientation. passed all the test and was asked to call my driver manager Greg Mccorkle at 734-355-8092. a number he rarely answers. So i Called and he said come on up i have a truck waiting on you. I showed up and he said," we don't have a truck here. you have to go to Louisville Kentucky' .. Greg asked me to drive someone Else's truck to Louisville. i said sure ,i got in the truck and saw it needed fuel... i stopped in Memphis Indiana to fuel.. But i couldn't get fuel.. the truck was dead on empty.and died twice on the way to Louisville. i called Greg and said, i need fuel....he said since i was not assigned to the truck ,i could not get fuel ,,to bring it back to Seymour Indiana... and by the grace of luck, the truck made it back to Seymour ,only dieing twice on the way back. Now having wasted a day. i find myself once again in Greg's office. He said to go home and come back tomorrow at eight am... and i did... he(Greg) showed up at nine ....i show up at eight and set in the corner,, waiting for him.. Greg shows up and tells me he put me on some medical leave to help get me assigned to a truck,,, that.makes no sense. i say OK because i just need to start making money.... I sit and wait in the office of Greg and his helper... and they kinda forget I'm there,,, and start talking openly ...They start talking of dumb ass drivers. and a driver calls and he locks the keys in his truck.. Greg and his helper tells the driver to figure it out and wouldn't give him a com check to pay the lock smith...i overhear this and say ,just get a pair of pliers and turn the outer ring of the wing lock,, problem solved..they..wouldn't tell the driver the solution.or help him... once the driver ended the call they made fun of him. ya, real professional..then i over heard them saying how they had too many trucks for the loads and they would just pass them off to a Quaker account and send them to Chicago. or just send them home..Greg's helper started talking .asking why in the hell.(exact words) does it take 45 minutes to get from the t.a truck stop to the psp account in Seymour.. i say well when you have a driver in the fuel island its a 30 minute wait and 15 minute drive from the t.a to here .any one that has driven knows thirty minutes is the norm for a fuel stop.. i can clearly see neither has driven .After sitting there for hours and still not cleared to do anything , i say to Greg I'm going to the house i will be back tomorrow at nine.. Greg says no you WILL wait here,,,i say mmm NO i wont waste all day here ,,ill be back tomorrow.. having already overheard them talking about no loads for today 09/04/12... ALL THE WHILE THINKING ABOUT THEM MAKING FUN OF THERE DRIVERS.. the bad thing is Ive noticed they never talk that way when the safety guy is there..IF this is the face of J.B hunt ,I want no part of it...all in all it was a complete waste of my time...
Many complaints on Jb hunt....

Lots of drivers have posted lots of things.....

Did ya bother to research the company before accepting the job? Were all of these angry drivers bashing JB Hunt not a clue?

But it wasn't a complete waste of time. Now you got your own story to tell.....

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'