User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sweet Thanks
Hope Everyone is doing great out there,Thank's to everyone who posted back to me with all the information.

Stay Safe! <3
Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Amie it's easy to hear horror stories about 'any' company of All kinds in the world......... Sadly not all people in a training position is actually qualified to be Trainers .... sure they may be able to drive between the lines and know how the company wants their business run, but they may not have the personality to 'train' ... it's takes alot of patience and determinination to do this job. .... First find a company that meets Your Needs - home time, pay, rules for deadheading, lay over pay ?, insurance, bonuses, if your driving solo and you have an Adult family member that wants to run with you for a while will it be permitted ( you will get lonely and want someone to share a bit of time with ) ... there's so many questions to consider.... Once you find the company you want to work for and they accepted you ... make a list of questions to talk to the Trainer about - BEFORE - you climb in the tractor with them. And let them know what you expect out of them as Your trainer. Set your boundary early with them ... your there to Learn in order to make a living and be as safe as possible on the road. I can give you a more clear idea of questions to ask if you want to send me a private message ................. I have driven solo, teams, with male and females ... all the lower 48 states and canada and I don't have any horror stories ...* note * But you will have more of a personality clash with a female - it's like 2 women cooking in the same kitchen ( hard to do sometimes ) ... If this is truely what you want to do for a Profession ... then go for it. .... It's a good profession, and can be a hard profession. Ask yourself if your ready to be away from home weeks at a time, miss family birthdays and holidays, eating cold turkey in truckstops for Thanksgiving and etc ... do you think you could unload a trailer and once leaving that dock - be ready to drive several more hours before stopping for the day? ............ I personally think Trucking is an awesome job! - but it's not for everyone. Just as working behind a desk isn't for everyone. Good luck.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'

Last edited by 4roses; 05-22-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Rookie

Does Roadmaster offer you job placement? And try to stay away from companies that want you to sign a contract.

Tags
driver solutions, pam, roadmasters