Default trucking information

Im looking for any information on John christeners Lease program
Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Do a google search for "John Christner lease program" and see what it turns up. (You had one 'e' too many in Christner)
When I looked it up, someone on a forum said this:
"Another tale of woe from a lease purchase driver.If you can't afford a down payment and independent financing of your truck loan,you are not ready to be an owner operator.Plain and simple.
Don't finance a truck from the company that you get your freight from."
He's right, too.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Do a google search for "John Christner lease program" and see what it turns up. (You had one 'e' too many in Christner)
When I looked it up, someone on a forum said this:
"Another tale of woe from a lease purchase driver.If you can't afford a down payment and independent financing of your truck loan,you are not ready to be an owner operator.Plain and simple.
Don't finance a truck from the company that you get your freight from."
He's right, too.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Rookie

Ok, I've had it with JCT and the children they have working there. All I'm posting here is to be considered my opinion on the matter for now. I've spoken with Shannon numerous times about the staff at JCT not doing what they are supposed to be doing. I've also spoken to Mr. John Christner on the phone myself. I think he's a pompous arse and a fraud. Yes, he has built JCT up to a very large and profitable company, but on the backs of hard working American drivers who are lured in with false advertising, lies, the thought and hope of the American dream and a well-formulated fraud network. I'm doing all I can to prove these matters with the Federal Government.

As I've stated before, Mr. Christner has built an empire by defrauding drivers for several years now. For one, he considers drivers to be "independent contractors" and as such expects all of his bills for running that "lease to own" truck to paid by the drivers. However, the drivers are really employees as far as the government is concerned according to the IC/Employee TESTS that have been developed. The primary focus is on CONTROL. WHO has control over when, how, how much, in what manner, etc. work is to be performed. JCT doesn't even "ALLOW" stickers, decals, YOUR company name if you have one, etc. "operated by abcdef trucking, etc." to be placed on their trucks. They want the appearance to their customers to be COMPANY, all the same. Now, other big name trucking companies have realized this and don't forbid the markings, they just charge you a fee to remove them if the time comes. JCT says no way, no how, period. CONTROL. THE only things YOU can control are where you fuel the truck and what route to take, period. I'm working hard to prove JCT is an employer.

John Christner has the mentality that IC's can be told when, how, where, etc. to do their contracted work. Even his wife, according to him has similar issues with the woman she "hired" as an IC to clean their home. She comes at 8 am, which is what his wife wants, but the cleaning woman, who is an IC, wants to come at 11 am instead. Mr. Christner told me that he told his wife, if they can't do what she wants, when she wants it, that she should just severe the relationship and move on to the next. THAT is exactly how he does it at JCT too. You don't do it all their way, you're "gone."

I'm disgusted with people like John Chrsitner who continue to make tons of money with this scam, avoid payroll taxes and have all of THEIR expenses met with IC's. It's just on paper, I don't believe it's legal.

Oh...and to customers of JCT like WALMART and TYSON, SHAME on you! Working with such a company that treats their employees this way. They are just as guilty by giving JCT and the white collar fraud scammers the money to continue brining in victims of their scheme.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Rookie

I'm pretty sure they started their lease purchase program back in 2007:

“Ours was borne out of the fact it was something in the industry that had gained momentum, and it had become a competitive piece to the puzzle in recruiting that you had to offer a lease-purchase program along with truck driving jobs. It was also a retention tool,” - Shannon Crowley @ JCT

...that was around the time i was considering them, but gave them a test run and was quickly disappointed.

without going into details, lets just say i mostly agree with what Trudger said above ^^.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broski View Post
“Ours was borne out of the fact it was something in the industry that had gained momentum, and it had become a competitive piece to the puzzle in recruiting that you had to offer a lease-purchase program along with truck driving jobs. It was also a retention tool,” - Shannon Crowley @ JCT
Screwmewhat? When I first started looking at driving jobs, I investigated this lease-purchase stuff and made it a point to AVOID carriers that did that. How is that a retention tool?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpidarkangel View Post
screwmewhat? When i first started looking at driving jobs, i investigated this lease-purchase stuff and made it a point to avoid carriers that did that. How is that a retention tool?
...lol