User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Loves/Gemini

Does anyone know how Gemini is connected to Loves?

I am looking at a job with Gemini, but will be driving a Loves truck. Is Loves the parent company?... Did Loves acquire Gemini or vise versa?... Or maybe Gemini currently has the Loves contract?

Any inside would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Rookie

all i know is that they are both affiliated.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkk View Post

I am looking at a job with Gemini, but will be driving a Loves truck. Is Loves the parent company?... Did Loves acquire Gemini or vise versa?... Or maybe Gemini currently has the Loves contract?

Thanks!!!
My understanding is that Gemini is a subsidary of Loves.. The drivers here in Orlando talk good about the company and they make some decent cash.. The only bad i have heard is that they tend to micro manage a bit to much, no where close to the micro managing Energy Dispatch does, but non the less their new drivers talk about getting write ups for little crap that is bound to happen.. Some of their pulls are long ones depending on where you are, and they will begin shortly doing a 80/20 spilt of bio fuel in their tanks at certain test markets...

Timberwolf
Old 01-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
...and they will begin shortly doing a 80/20 spilt of bio fuel in their tanks at certain test markets...

Timberwolf
Will they be doing this at all the pumps in those markets, or just certain ones? Also, do they plan on putting up appropriate signs? That would give some company drivers a heads-up, since some companies have policies against bio-diesel.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkk View Post

Thanks!!!
The answer is YES. Love's is the parent company of Gemini. Gemini is considered a wholly owned subsidiary.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
Will they be doing this at all the pumps in those markets, or just certain ones? Also, do they plan on putting up appropriate signs? That would give some company drivers a heads-up, since some companies have policies against bio-diesel.
good question, I dont have the answer to. However i do know it has started at the Ft Pierce, Fl Loves truck Stop as we just delivered the first two loads to their tanks today.. They will be doing the blending, my understanding is that it must be advertised as blended product if there is more then 5% in the mix...
All I know is that it is more work for us and more money so in my book that is a great thing.. Mansfield Oil Kicks Azz......

Timberwolf
Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Senior Board Member

I frequently use bio blends and I have never seen a pump that had the stuff not be labeled as such. Love's has been out front in most places as to putting bio blends in. they are pretty good about labeling the pumps. A lot of terminals in the midwest blend the bio at tanker, so there is really no difference for the driver. The other areas of the country are just catching up.

There is a Loves near my house, so I stop in there frequently on the way home to top off, transflo the week's bills, etc. I chat with the tanker drivers occasionally and they seem to like pulling for Gemini. They have a pretty low turnover, that's for sure.

Last edited by Copperhead; 01-21-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I frequently use bio blends and I have never seen a pump that had the stuff not be labeled as such. Love's has been out front in most places as to putting bio blends in. they are pretty good about labeling the pumps. A lot of terminals in the midwest blend the bio at tanker, so there is really no difference for the driver. The other areas of the country are just catching up.

There is a Loves near my house, so I stop in there frequently on the way home to top off, transflo the week's bills, etc. I chat with the tanker drivers occasionally and they seem to like pulling for Gemini. They have a pretty low turnover, that's for sure.
All Diesel that comes out of Kinder Morgan in Central Florida is blended automatic at the farm. It is a 4% blend and therefor they are not required to advertise such, any blend of 5% or more must be advertised as such in Florida. Loves is starting a pilot program and only in a few areas are they testing the 80/20 bio blend Ft Pierce, florida being one of those areas, they have four tanks one of which is holding strictly Bio the blend is sutomatic when you fuel up, just like a mid grade blend at most gas stations. By law they have to inform the consumer prior to fueling. As far as the Gemini Drivers here in Orlando area they too are happy and have little turnover as well. I tried to get on with them before Mansfield came to town two years ago but was not hired, everything for a reason as I could'nt be more happier then I am with Mansfield and have no plans of leaving..
Bio is the wave of the future and Mansfield is the heavy hitter in Central Florida we hold and sell our own inventory, couple that with our fuel and DEF inventory and there is plenty of work to go around PLUS...

Timberwolf