User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Recent Trucking School Graduate. What Are Some Good Companies To Work For?

I will be graduating trucking school in the next few weeks and I have been looking for a good company to work for. I need a company that is located in either Jacksonville or Orlando or close to Palm Coast, Fl. I am also looking for Southeast regional with home time most weekends, they will need to have a rider program, and need a comapny to allow drivers to bring home their trucks. Any reccomendation would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Rookie

That's a lot of expectations for a new driver, I think you will have to give up on most of them. Almost all companies won't allow riders until at least 6 months of safe driving, home most weekends is a dream, and bringing your truck home is a decent benefit that companies reserve for special situations... I've heard that freight is weak in the south east and not many large carriers have hubs in FL because of that and those large companies are your best bet for finding a job with no experience. Hate to burst your bubble and hopefully I'm wrong, and after a couple of years of good driving I think you will be able to get all you want. All that said I think Schneider was a pretty good company to start with, pay was ok and they treated me pretty well, and they have a lot of dedicated and intermodal work that they will give you an opportunity with after 6-12 months. Unfortunately I've heard that Schneider is having FL drivers commute to their GA hub on their own dime, so that prob won't work for you. If you can get on with a small company who is willing to give new drivers a chance they may be your quickest route to your desired situation.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Rookie

Dont know if you found anything but i know Roehl has a yard in Jacksonville with a lot of flatbed freight and the run alot of southeast regional and you can bring your truck home.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Rookie

I can vouch for Roehl's yard, I live in jacksonville
Old 08-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Rookie

I heard that Roehl is a real good company to work for, at least they aren't getting bashed like J.B. Hunt, Schnider, C.R. England, CRST, Swift.