User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
The time was for OnDuty Time, I started at 6 pm Sunday evening, ran to Zepherhills, picked up you have load time of about an hour, drove to lee, again load and re-load live unload and re-load, drive time to Ft. Pierce, I had to take back roads due to no easy pass or sun pass, I think I took 27 to 60 to 441, stop lights, small towns and 50 mph speed limits, unload at Ft. Pierce, 2 and half hours bunk time, still on duty, then back to Lee Fl then on to Brooksville, live unload ing, truck stop, fuel tractor, etc, all this added up to the 32 hours of "On Duty time" with no time off for 10 hours break.

Plus, I was up Sunday at 10 am, so I was actually up for about 40 hours at that point. When I fell asleep, I crashed for 10 hours.

So when you add back the loading time and drop and hook time your on duty status time gets lengthened. The actual drive time will be different then your total on duty status time, remember you have to add them all together!
Yea your right 27 is a bitch, loads of stops lights and small towns, one of which is mine...

Good luck with your new search I hope it ll works out ok for you..

Timberwolf
Old 09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Hope every thing works out for you. I'm not going into the HOS thing, but when the old man told you "your fired" than thats that! No way would I get back in that truck and drive it ! Fired is fired that means you are no longer an employee so you can't drive his truck! I know the problem is he fired you over the phone and that brings up another problem, if it's not written down it was never said and didn't happen. At that point haveing a QC isn't such a bad thing.
BOL on your next job.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Thanks, I am starting a new job on the 12th. Hopefully I will have better luck with them!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~