User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I appreciate this forum's posters as they are more likely to try to help instead of telling you, you can't cut it as a truck driver. Another point I wanted to make was, that I tried to bring this issue to the Attorney General of Massachusetts Martha Coakley to enforce the laws they enact they sent me to the commission against discrimination and i was told they would take action against a company that wouldn't hire you because of an old enough misdemeanor, they cannot take action if they fire you for it. WHAAT? Go figure.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Why don't you ask the commission against discrimination why nothing will ever come off of a Massachusetts driving record just because we hold a C.D.L.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanj31 View Post
I work for Schneider and have for many years. It seems like you're trying to say that Schneider MADE you do something you weren't supposed to legally do on your stop up there. If your stop delivers somewhere where there are '53 ft trailer restrictions, you STILL have to deliver your load. You're allowed to go in there with your trailer wherever that may be. As far as that grocery store issue you had up there, non of that is Schneiders fault. It's the grocery store. And you were all ready there. Yes they told you to move so their truck could back in and yes there may have been no where to go but you can't decide not to go back once you've been there. That's your job, blind side or not. If everybody refused to deliver to a grocery store because a few cars were in the way then nobody would be getting any deliveries. Thats the nature of the beast with grocery stores. Wait till you have to deliver in Brooklyn or the Bronx. You said Schneider wants you to take all kinds of risks. That's complete bs and you know this. Blind side backing is a risk? If thats the case, you better not drive for any company. Besides, it seems you barely worked for Schneider so how could you even determine something as being risky? As far as your application, Schneider isn't breaking any laws. Whether they want to hire you based on your past is their discretion regardless of how old any conviction. Why were you all ready driving for them? Governments are sometimes slow in getting back to an employer with background checks.
OK Mrs. Schneider, time to log off. Your husband has the jet idling out on the tarmac....8>)
Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Sorry ladies, I haven't seen this thread lately. Its amusing to see some of the attempts at comedy up there on my behalf. If it helps you sleep better at night believing that your "quick wittyness" some how stuck it to me, then whatever. Sorry Giannisz, Schneider didn't "manufacture" a reason to fire you. They don't need a reason. You weren't in a union so they can hire and fire at will. There's more to the story isn't there Giannisz than just this one little incident isn't there? And now you're LEASED onto CR England of all things? Christ sakes man. It's been a few months, how much are you regretting that decision? Tenn Truck Monkey: Um, YES, if you have to deliver down a restricted road for length or weight, you CAN go down that road! You haven't been driving long have you? You should have know that by now. Driving to Atlanta? Can't drive a big truck through the middle of the city can ya? Nope. Big trucks have to take 285 loop around city. But guess what you can do if you have to deliver downtown? That's right! You can take your truck through the middle of the city. I know. It's a tough revelation to behold but alas! It's true! You sensing the sarcasam yet? Yeah I get that way with people who get that way with me. Especially when they're wrong. I also have issues with people who take zero responsibility for their actions and instead throw others under the bus or their employer under the bus to take the heat off them. God forbid people admit when thier wrong. Might make them look bad right? But I get it. It's Schneider. So you'll bash the company anyway even though all you people really know about Schneider is that they're based in Green Bay, drive orange trucks that are governed and there's a lot of us. Oh I know. You're all truck drivers so that automatically gives you qualified knowledge on every large company out here. Please.