User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Independent Contracting with Houg Trucking Services?

Owner-operators / independent contractors, please take a look at this: Houg Trucking Services: Owner Operator, Own Authority

Are the numbers they present realistic? Is what they say an accurate portrayal? If so, I might be interested in something like this.

Any other feedback is welcome.

TIA.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Nevada View Post
Owner-operators / independent contractors, please take a look at this: Houg Trucking Services: Owner Operator, Own Authority

Are the numbers they present realistic? Is what they say an accurate portrayal? If so, I might be interested in something like this.

Any other feedback is welcome.

TIA.
No. If you notice...their representation doesn't show any "down time" for the truck. Unfortunately.....trucks break down. So more than others...but even new trucks break....and the repair time can be days..........even more than a week depending on where the breakdown occurs..and what services are available.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

They only want to pay those with authority $0.93/mile plus fsc, the same for owner operators. They also want you to pay for their trailer insurance (cartage insurance). You can make more leasing to a carrier and not have your authority. Better yet, get a truck and your own trailer and find brokers who have freight. You will make more money. If you want to do this type of program check with JB Hunt or perhaps Schneider. I know JB Hunt pays more to those who run their authority. I have had them call a couple of times the last couple of weeks. They now pay about $1.60/mile (average) with the fsc or percentage. I don't know about Schneider. Both also have fuel discount programs.