User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Eagle transport corp.

I just hired on with this company hauling gasoline locally out of a refinery 6 miles from my house. Any inside info on these folks would be apprieciated.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Board Regular

Eagle Transport (Gas Haulers) - Truckers Trucking Forum | Largest CDL Truck Driver Message Board
Old 02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

They were hiring in my area around a year ago. They were paying by the load, and thats all i needed to know not to apply there.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
I just hired on with this company hauling gasoline locally out of a refinery 6 miles from my house. Any inside info on these folks would be apprieciated.

Thanks
Kind of late to be asking about them if you already hired on.... Where are you located?
The guys i know that are pulling for them here in Orlando are not happy, Paying by the load is not bad if the pay is good... The problem with Eagle in Orlando is that they have a lot of drivers to cover the butt load of stores they do, however they have a butt load of stores because their load rate is very low, they make money on volume not deliveries which means drivers get short changed.. When pulling fuel the last thing you want to get is short changed...

Timberwolf

Last edited by Kentla93; 02-28-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Kind of late to be asking about them if you already hired on.... Where are you located?
The guys i know that are pulling for them here in Orlando are not happy, Paying by the load is not bad if the pay is good... The problem with Eagle in Orlando is that they have a lot of drivers to cover the butt load of stores they do, however they have a butt load of stores because their load rate is very low, they make money on volume not deliveries which means drivers get short changed.. When pulling fuel the last thing you want to get is short changed...

Timberwolf
That "By the load pay" is why I didn't take up fuel hauling, when I moved down here to the Gulf Coast (Texas). I didn't want to live in Metro Houston or Dallas...so I turned down a job offer from Exxon, working by the hour. Since those days (2005) Dupre has switched to hourly pay.......but I think they are the only one to do so.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Kind of late to be asking about them if you already hired on.... Where are you located? The guys i know that are pulling for them here in Orlando are not happy, Paying by the load is not bad if the pay is good... The problem with Eagle in Orlando is that they have a lot of drivers to cover the butt load of stores they do, however they have a butt load of stores because their load rate is very low, they make money on volume not deliveries which means drivers get short changed.. When pulling fuel the last thing you want to get is short changed... Timberwolf
I believe that's the only thing left these days..unless you hookup with a company pulling they're own product..The QuickTrips around Atlanta have PTC(Petroleum Transport Co)servicing their stations..I think Energy Dispatch is pay by load too..Yeah,Eagle is pretty much hiring everywhere.. According to careers in gear

Last edited by Daddy's Rig; 03-03-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
I just hired on with this company hauling gasoline locally out of a refinery 6 miles from my house. Any inside info on these folks would be apprieciated. Thanks
Checkout the link Wysrob put up..plus maybe you should have looked out for an Eagle dropping at a station to get an ear full of what to expect before signing on..BOL too ya!

Last edited by Daddy's Rig; 03-03-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy's Rig View Post
I believe that's the only thing left these days..unless you hookup with a company pulling they're own product..The QuickTrips around Atlanta have PTC(Petroleum Transport Co)servicing their stations..I think Energy Dispatch is pay by load too..Yeah,Eagle is pretty much hiring everywhere.. According to careers in gear
Since BP Closed out operations down here in Orlando 95% of the companies pay by the load, there are a few owner operators who hire guys to drive a rig on thier off hours and they pay by the hour, (with no benefits) or one of the few very small outfits and those guys are not making a whole lot as their number of customers is limited..
At Mansfield in Orlando I pull at least 85% of our own product on a daily basis. Today I did 5 pump loads and four of them where Mansfield loads the other one I pulled was loaded off of Plains Marketing (Citgo UnBranded).. Tommorrow six loads scheduled all pumps and at least four of them will be off our inventory most likely more if the price is right, it just depends on the customer's expecttion of wanting low rack or not..
The BP Guys where getting around $22 an hour plus the overtime they incured everyday, so for the most part they where getting around $1500 a week consistently. On a very very good week I can clear that as well it just does not happen as much as I would like it to.

Timberwolf
Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the input everyone. I pretty much had no choice of where to go. I needed local. QC was starving my family to death. STAY AWAY FROM THERE! I have finished 3 days of training. My trainer is great and I like what I have seen and heard so far.