LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Hey Luzon,
Have you tried SSI Petroleum out of Auburndale I think they are off of Rocker Road.
SSI Petroleum - Serving Florida Businesses With Quality Fuels & Lubricants For Over 45 Years.

I would tell you to be cautious of Florida Rock, the guys I talk to stay things are getting worse for them and the company is expecting all drivers to work 14 hour days on a consistent basis. In a year at Mansfield I have only worked two 14 hour days and less then 10, 12 hour days, for the most part they are 10 to 11 hours, today was 7.5 hours and I pulled 4 loads. Who is the manager you are talking to at the Tampa Terminal is it Bob McCray?
If FRTL is all you can get then take the job and let them train you and then move on after you have at least one year pulling with no incidents. They have a tendency to react very slowly, it took me two weeks of trying before I got answers back from them. Have you checked with Pipeline or Eagle yet? Eagle is big in the Orlando area and they hire and train drivers with no tanker experience, the drivers I know are not to happy with the company as the hire big and pull short.
Not so sure about Pipeline and their policies their guys seem to be happy and they contract with us at Mansfied to pull our product if we are unable to get to it. Pipeline just lost a truck and driver this past week due to some guy who lost control of his pickup truck and pushed the tanker off the road over by Cape Canaveral, so they may be tighten up on their hiring policies.
Also look into SunState Oil they are the other company that contracts out with Mansfield to pull our extras when needed.
SunState Oil Inc.
And last but not least look into B line Carriers out of Brooksville.
B Line Carriers Inc
1169 Culbreath Road
Brooksville, FL 34602-6022 map
Tampa-St Petersburg, FL Metro Area

Phone352) 754-5381

This last link is a list of fuel companies through out the state, start calling numbers and see what comes your way... Good Luck and keep me filled in..

Oil Fuel - FL

Timberwolf
Hey Timberwolf,You say Eagle hires big and pull short! So I guess those drivers are anly getting $25-40 drops..Wow
Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Hey Luzon,
Have you tried SSI Petroleum out of Auburndale I think they are off of Rocker Road.
SSI Petroleum - Serving Florida Businesses With Quality Fuels & Lubricants For Over 45 Years.

I would tell you to be cautious of Florida Rock, the guys I talk to stay things are getting worse for them and the company is expecting all drivers to work 14 hour days on a consistent basis. In a year at Mansfield I have only worked two 14 hour days and less then 10, 12 hour days, for the most part they are 10 to 11 hours, today was 7.5 hours and I pulled 4 loads. Who is the manager you are talking to at the Tampa Terminal is it Bob McCray?
If FRTL is all you can get then take the job and let them train you and then move on after you have at least one year pulling with no incidents. They have a tendency to react very slowly, it took me two weeks of trying before I got answers back from them. Have you checked with Pipeline or Eagle yet? Eagle is big in the Orlando area and they hire and train drivers with no tanker experience, the drivers I know are not to happy with the company as the hire big and pull short.
Not so sure about Pipeline and their policies their guys seem to be happy and they contract with us at Mansfied to pull our product if we are unable to get to it. Pipeline just lost a truck and driver this past week due to some guy who lost control of his pickup truck and pushed the tanker off the road over by Cape Canaveral, so they may be tighten up on their hiring policies.
Also look into SunState Oil they are the other company that contracts out with Mansfield to pull our extras when needed.
SunState Oil Inc.
And last but not least look into B line Carriers out of Brooksville.
B Line Carriers Inc
1169 Culbreath Road
Brooksville, FL 34602-6022 map
Tampa-St Petersburg, FL Metro Area

Phone352) 754-5381 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(352) 754-5381******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

This last link is a list of fuel companies through out the state, start calling numbers and see what comes your way... Good Luck and keep me filled in..

Oil Fuel - FL

Timberwolf
Hey Timberwolf,You say Eagle hires big and pull short! So I guess those drivers are anly getting $25-40 drops..Wow
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy's Rig View Post
Yep they have a few $25 loads and some $30 ones as well as a few that pay $60 but you have to drive 60 miles one way and then split the drop with another station 15 miles further south for and extra $12 bucks. Oh Boy!!!

Their turn over is high so they have more drivers then they need which means the guys struggle to get 4 or 5 loads a day, and with the low drop cost it does not help their paychecks. Just like every where else they have guys that do well and those are the guys that don't bitch and moan they just do the job the way it is supposed to be done.
What a concept huh..
Just do your job and stop your bitching if more ppl followed that rule life could be more pleasant...

Timberwolf
Old 03-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Rookie

Seriously Cowboy?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
Also Luzon, have you talked to Schneider about a tanker position? I know they will hire out of Florida for tankers
Have you seen their equipment? No wonder they are governed at 55, parts will fly off those tanks at anything faster...
Old 11-18-2017, 01:31 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1rider View Post
Have you seen their equipment? No wonder they are governed at 55, parts will fly off those tanks at anything faster...
Any updates hauling fuel?
Old 12-24-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Renso View Post
Any updates hauling fuel?
Oh yea, plenty of new info,, who knew petroleum fumes are harmful to your nervous and muscular system??