User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Arnold or Hirschbach?

I guess it's my turn to ask the questions that others usually ask... I'm looking for the pros and cons of both Arnold out of Jacksonville, and Hirschbach out of South Sioux city.... I know that Hirschbach is not the best of the best, But seeing how i live just outside of Providence they do claim to be able to get me home regularly . The same goes for Arnold, Plus they both say that i can make decent money $900.00-$1,000 a week, take passengers and my dog.. I know that they all lie, So IF i decide to get behind the wheel again which of the two would be my best choice... I'm kind of leaning towards Arnold, But i hear they have something to do with U.S.Express now, so i don't know what to do..... Thanks in advance, Freebird.... :smokin:
Old 10-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Hello?????? Is this thing working??????? Anybody????? Somebody must have some recent experience with one of them, or at least heard a good rumor? :smokin:
Old 10-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Stay away from Hirshbach unless you like spending your weekends in Iowa waiting for a load that is 2 days late...
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Any word on how Arnold is?????
Old 10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Maybe I'll just get away from trucking for a while and do my Emergency Medical Services full time for awhile..... It's a lot less money, but hopefully i will be able to pay the bills... :smokin:
Old 10-12-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
Maybe I'll just get away from trucking for a while and do my Emergency Medical Services full time for awhile..... It's a lot less money, but hopefully i will be able to pay the bills... :smokin:
is it really less money? When you figure that in trucking to average $1000/week you're looking at probably 65-75 hours to make that $1000. You're away from home usually eating food that you'd rather not eat and it gets expensive if you're not careful.

Just something to consider.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member

if your local gig can cover the bills, then dont come back OTR.... it's not worth it and it is coming up to the slow season anyways.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't want to go back driving for them after they bent me over like they did.. It was an undeserved kick in the teeth.. I really don't know what i'm gonna do. Go O.T.R. ( i would like to see the western part of the country ), Do my E.M.T. thing full time, Or i'm THINKING about trying to become a correctional officer for the Sheriffs Department ( which don't pay crap)... I'm just very confused right now.. :smokin:
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Freebird, OTR is not worth the pay anymore, but if you have a passion to see the west.coast I say do it. No sense in feeling void in your life. EMT is not going anywhere no time soon, neither is trucking. those are two professions that will always be around. So if you decide to stay around the house for a while and then come back to trucking trust me you will still the the opportunity, you may have to start all over if you take to much time off but it will still be here.
As a person who is struggling with the same decisions, I say go for what makes you happy because in the end only thing that matters is what you want..

Now as for Arnold, If your talking about the company that is owned by US xpress, i heard they are a decent outfit, but just like any other carrier. you will run and you will sit. trucks are decent and home-time is fair. In my opinion, if i had to choose a large company I would run with SNI or swift, people talk bad about them but they will always have loads for u. Smith transport is a decent company as well. they run damn good equipment, but you have to put your time in to get some of the good runs.
In my opinion, i've found the smaller the company, the better the work. Im with a small outfit and I stay busy, sometimes too busy for my own good, but i can never complain when that check hits the bank.. One thing I know is everything good doesn't last forever so enjoy it while you can...
Old 10-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Good Jobs are out here you just gotta look high and low from them and talk to drivers... I knew an Regional job that was paying .43 a mile and 21 dollars for everytime you bumped a dock and home on weekends. Guys was bringing home 70,000 a year, i wanted but i was 25.. I have an OTR job that is pretty damn good, pay is good, home every weekend and so on, i just had to wait and dig like hell to find it.. Just keep looking Freebrd...