User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I worked for them out of Fort Myers...and they seemed kinda clueless at times... Didn't much care for getting home at 2200, then getting up at 0200 to call and see if I had any loads....I would've thought they would have some kind of idea about the next days work....and I actually spent more time with my wife when I was OTR than I did working for them 6 days a week and still didn't make spit.

Yeah, I had to deal with the f'wads like the one you are talking about.... Actually had on jacklegged moron tell me the fumes wouldn't burn...you had to light the liquid.....oh duh??? I had other idiots run over my hoses while I was dropping the fuel.... I never realized there were so many stupid people in this world....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Senior Board Member

I pull a smooth bore acid tanker 4,000 gallon capacity, can only scale 3,100 gallons at 15.7 pounds a gallon, me and surge are very close friends
Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
I pull a smooth bore acid tanker 4,000 gallon capacity, can only scale 3,100 gallons at 15.7 pounds a gallon, me and surge are very close friends
OOOOOH, OOOOOH, OOOOOH, pulling that kind of stuff in a 6500 or 7000 gallon tank is a WHOLE BUNCH of fun!! :lol: Been there, done that and got the t-shirt!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 01-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

My favorite is hauling stuff to the water treatment plants (I can't remember what it's called but it's a clear goo with the consistancy of hot glue) in a 7000gal tanker with 2800gal in it, when the surge comes forward it is the equivelant to being rear-ended by a semi. This stuff was the worse I ever hauled as far as surge. On a dry day, it will scoot your truck 3ft and leave marks on the ground LOL
Old 01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
My favorite is hauling stuff to the water treatment plants (I can't remember what it's called but it's a clear goo with the consistancy of hot glue) in a 7000gal tanker with 2800gal in it, when the surge comes forward it is the equivelant to being rear-ended by a semi. This stuff was the worse I ever hauled as far as surge. On a dry day, it will scoot your truck 3ft and leave marks on the ground LOL
Polymer..aka Elephant Snot. It grows and gets real slippery when it gets wet and if you get any on your hands it attracts dirt. I just unloaded 45K in Oakland CA that came from Greensboro. Lots of banging that trip.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsyrob View Post
Polymer..aka Elephant Snot. It grows and gets real slippery when it gets wet and if you get any on your hands it attracts dirt. I just unloaded 45K in Oakland CA that came from Greensboro. Lots of banging that trip.
Yes sirree-BOB.......better you than me!! I had enough of the Bay area in September.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
So you like hauling "snot"??? Its a "polymer" that just tends to roll back and forth and surge til the day is done..... Hauling "elephant shot" is even more fun....its thicker..and when it surges it has enough inertia in it that you can park the truck and come back 15 minutes later and the rig is still moving back and forth.... :lol:

Old 01-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
So you like hauling "snot"??? Its a "polymer" that just tends to roll back and forth and surge til the day is done..... Hauling "elephant shot" is even more fun....its thicker..and when it surges it has enough inertia in it that you can park the truck and come back 15 minutes later and the rig is still moving back and forth.... :lol:
*sigh* Almost.......almost I say.....a good way to "rock" yourself to sleep. Pull out from the parking spot just a bit. Slide back into the spot, smacking the brakes as hard as ya can. Go into the restaurant and eat a leisurely supper, stroll back to the truck with a good tooth pic, stretch out in the bunk with a good book...and after turning off the lights.........the crap has slowed down enough, that you get a soft and gentle bumping...all thru the night!

:lol2: :lol2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Old 01-15-2011, 03:34 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Yes sirree-BOB.......better you than me!! I had enough of the Bay area in September.
I would rather come here in the winter than September. I can't complain about 49-70 degree temperatures when Atlanta is getting an ice storm.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Board Regular

Totally getting off topic, but I too had to haul water treatment and biocide that surged pretty good. I was goofing around on my way up to appleton trying to increase the surge, but i stopped because i was afraid i was going to damage the fifth-wheel or kingpin. but, boy, that stuff would slam you around but good.