User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawHAMMER View Post
I haven't heard a bad thing about Watkins-Shepard. I know they have a highly regarded 10 day orientation and they also are paying new drivers $400 right now at orientation, more than anyone else I've heard about. Good luck!
Don't trust them watkins sheppard! Didn't work for them but did apply ,I won't go into the details but don't believe one word they say. I wonder if they lost their carpet contract I rarely see their trucks anymore.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

what about there skateboarders? and thanks for the insite as well.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 PM
crb

I would trust either side of watkins any further than I could throw them.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Board Regular

thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Rookie

Here is something to keep in mind......NO trucking company has green grass on their side of the fence. Your best bet is to find what fits you best and stick with it. Remember if you want to he home regularly, otr will not do it for you. Many company drivers forget, there are still payment being made on that truck, so it needs to be moving as much as possible.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Rookie

With knight you will never go home an the pay suck
Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Rookie
Default DUI's new drivers driving school etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Nevada View Post
Werner is now out of the picture. I applied with Werner for a pre-hire letter in order to get into CDL school and obtain grant funding to pay for the school. Within less than 24 hours, the answer from Werner came back -- rejected. No reason given.

My driving record is spotless except for a nearly 15-year-old DUI. So now I'm thinking, that DUI knocked me out of Werner.

I have no criminal record or any other blemishes in my lifetime.

Which leads to the question: Will that ancient DUI knock me out of truck driving altogether? What about my age -- 56, soon to be 57? Will that knock me out of the industry?

Honest answers, please. If the DUI and/or my age will end my truck driving career before it even begins, I want to know it now so that I don't waste any more additional countless hours filling out more applications for pre-hire letters, more applications for acceptance into truck driving schools, and more applications for grant funding to pay for a truck driving school. I have writer's cramp from all of the B.S. paperwork that I have filled out already, to no avail.
I know good companies are Roehl, Werner, BTC etc it depends on what you want to do. I know for trucking companies coming in now they "say" they want to see DUI's etc at least 5 years out and not more than 1 in so many years maybe 10 or something it depends on the company you are applying for. I don't know the records of the students at the driving school I went to but they worked with people as long as it was far in the past and you were honest. Even if it was forever ago, they are looking for honesty. Thats what we have been told. I would just shop around some driving schools are better than others, mine was great, had job placement, they would get you a job no matter what. if you were accepted to the school it was based on what the companies look for so they could get you a job. Records werent a problem it depended on what it was and how long ago it was. Sorry this is vague and not of more help. The registartion process for this forum was ridiculous.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Rookie

knight would be a better option if you ask me.. you can get to be home quite often. It’s a good company to work for. But let me tell you, it is not easy to get into knight. 2-3 months of training, followed by trucking with a trainer. And then you drive alone for some months (and thats a test!) followed by which they will decide whether to keep you.. that’s a long time… all the best!