User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Calm down there tonto.Seems you have chosen poorly in your drivers.Having a contract phone is no different than a prepaid if you don't pay the bill.As a matter of fact I've been carrying one for nearly a year now.And honestly it's cheaper for me too.I had a contract phone for years.Paid over well over 200 bucks a month to have it.Now i pay about 80 and can talk just as good as i could before.And you know what else,when my minutes get low all i do is punch a few buttons and something magical happens.I have more minutes.Never have i ever had to cut a call short because of it.YOU GET THE POINT??????????
Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Henboy thats just you hiring a dumb ass driver!! that is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.....
Old 06-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
Henboy thats just you hiring a dumb ass driver!! that is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.....
50 threads started by Kevin and this is the dumbest thing you heard? c'mon man.....

Old 06-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Board Regular
Default My driver search is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTrucker View Post
Calm down there tonto.Seems you have chosen poorly in your drivers.Having a contract phone is no different than a prepaid if you don't pay the bill.As a matter of fact I've been carrying one for nearly a year now.And honestly it's cheaper for me too.I had a contract phone for years.Paid over well over 200 bucks a month to have it.Now i pay about 80 and can talk just as good as i could before.And you know what else,when my minutes get low all i do is punch a few buttons and something magical happens.I have more minutes.Never have i ever had to cut a call short because of it.YOU GET THE POINT??????????
I am still backwards!I guess prepaid phones now are not the same as it was in the past.I made a wise decision and hired the guy with the two dogs.I cannot ask for any better driver than him.Without micro-managing him, he calls me twice a day at the shipper and etc...
I am very happy with this driver and as soon as he delivers his third load, I make a deposit at his bank.How many Carriers would do that?.He told me a few minor things that needed to be corrected on the truck and I spent all day at my mech yesterday to get it fixed.We grossed $9945 in the two weeks he was on the road.Guess what, he got paid over two grand in two weeks.My main task is to put him and his dogs in a bigger truck early next year.
The much bigger task of "driver search" is over for a while, I need to get this other truck out of the shop and hit the road this friday.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Board Regular
Default In the next couple of months i will be looking

Guys, if you live in Ga, and have recent flatbed experience, I will be hiring again in a couple of months.My first driver is doing excellent.
I NEED THAT ONGOING RELATIONSHIP AND I JUST DON'T PUT ANYONE IN MY TRUCKS WITHIN A WEEK.......................due to this, I need to start that relationship now.Don't email me if you don't know how to change an ALTERNATOR.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Board Regular

The question is: How much would you pay me, as a driver, to change your alternator? Or would you expect free labor from me?