User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Team feeling out a new company

I have been running team with my girlfriend for over a year now and I'm interested in looking for a smaller, better company. Currently run for one of those "lots of drivers, but not lots of miles" company. As team, we are currently only getting 3500-4500 miles a week. I've seen solo drivers making more than us. We are not the type of team to turn down loads, done plenty of repowers and overnight deliveries-type loads, we will take all the miles they offer.

We both live in Utah (Salt Lake City area) and I have been researching around. Will run the 48, but would prefer to avoid NYC and Chicago. Willing to get Hazmat endorsement. Not to thrilled with running Canada.

I'd like to find one of those companies that I have talked to some drivers that are small, don't fret if the driver picks their own route as long as it's not much more miles, paid holidays, possibly up to 70 mph governor, an apu would be nice, etc.

I've researched several, like conway and seen they have lots of reasons a driver can get fired for not following rules (i.e. going over 80 mph). So far Dynamic Transit seems good. Good looking trucks, 70 mph governor, apu and fridge, 40 cents to the mile to start, and "they claim" we'll get 5000-6000 a week. Done research and the only thing I can find on them that's cautious is the 25 cents dead-head mile.

Any help you fellow drivers can provide would be greatly appreciated in my search. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Board Regular

Con-way TL isn't bad. When we were a priority team we would average 5500 to 7300 miles a week. We came off priority in favor of 4000-5000 mile weeks and a little more downtime so we could have a marriage. Yes your governed at 65 and no APU but at .44cpm to the truck its not bad.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Board Regular

I second that Conway Truckload. The Teams are happy here.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 PM

Conway TL - As of November, any new drivers/teams were required to opt in for Canada. They're also forced dispatch so you can't opt out of any areas of the country. If a NYC load comes up, you're going.