User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Coastal Transport or Service Transport From Tx

Does any one know about Coastal Transport from San Antonio, Tx or Service Transport from Houston,Tx. They are both tanker companies and not to be confused with the Coastal Transport which is a flatbed company from Florida. Anyone know how the pay and benefits are? How the drivers are treated? Thanks! :thumbsup:
Old 02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coilhaulr View Post
Does any one know about Coastal Transport from San Antonio, Tx or Service Transport from Houston,Tx. They are both tanker companies and not to be confused with the Coastal Transport which is a flatbed company from Florida. Anyone know how the pay and benefits are? How the drivers are treated? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Coastal Transport......The fuel hauler.....pays by the load. The more you do...the more you make.

Coastal Chemical and Transport........the chemical company...pay's by the hour.

Service Transport....pays by the mile driving....hourly at the gate. Every company driver I have ever talked with there is very happy. ITH tractors at Service.
The other side of Service Transport is "Gulfmark Energy". They haul crude oil from well sites to pipeline stations. They are paid by volume. Again...the drivers I have had contact with (this last week)......are very happy! Mack daycabs at Gulfmark.

Both of those companies are a part of Adams Resources.... Home ....Not a limited company by any form of the imagination. They also operate a fuel hauling operation in Houston and Corpus Christi, and a drilling mud operation that is Texas-wide, under their ADA flag company.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:11 AM

Thanks Orangetxguy! I appreciate the detailed info! :thumbsup:
Old 02-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Thanks Orangetxguy! I appreciate the detailed info! :thumbsup:

What is it you are looking for??

What experience do you have...what endorsements do you hold??

I know some decent outfits that may or may not fit your bill, as a "companyman".
Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Orangetxguy as far as tank work I have done airoff, pumpoff, pumpout,(petroleum) acid work, all kinds of liquid chemicals where you have to suit up and use either a resparator or air tanks, propane work(high pressure gas) and pneumatic tanks also. So I guess any kind of tank work would work. I would like to get into food grade work but can't seem to find any companies worth going to work for doing that even though I'm in florida with all the food grade tank companies around. Thanks for the help Orangetxguy! :thumbsup:
Old 02-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Orangetxguy as far as tank work I have done airoff, pumpoff, pumpout,(petroleum) acid work, all kinds of liquid chemicals where you have to suit up and use either a resparator or air tanks, propane work(high pressure gas) and pneumatic tanks also. So I guess any kind of tank work would work. I would like to get into food grade work but can't seem to find any companies worth going to work for doing that even though I'm in florida with all the food grade tank companies around. Thanks for the help Orangetxguy! :thumbsup:
Okay......since you are willing to move and have experience...here are a couple decent ones...better than Service Transport, which is ok. The first company has trucks based in Bartow....so you may not need to move, if you like what they have to say. I haven't chatted with anyone there in 6 months....but they were happy then.

Freehold Cartage, Inc.

MXI

http://www.enterprisetransport.com/index.asp

The first 2 are Haz-Waste haulers....don't let that bother you. The money is good, the companies are good, and the work is easy.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:09 AM

ok orangetxguy thanks for the info! I will look into these companies! Thanks! :thumbsup: