User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fleetmaster Express

I was wondering if there is anyone who has worked for this truckload carrier before? Have done a google search about this company but unable to find out a whole lot. I know they run in the mid-west, and they are a truckload carrier. Any info would be appreciated. Have a great day and God-bless.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Rookie

I would be interested for some info also. I know they do some work for Pepsi delivering cans or something from Ball Corp.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Fleetmaster Express

Were you able to find them at safersys.org? BOL
Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Rookie

Thanks...I looked them up on that safersys.org. Did some additional research. Supposedly the avg. salary for a driver is $38,000 per year. Have been unable to find any petroleum transport jobs around where I live. At the point now where I just need a job. Like 7 million other americans. Thanks again for the info and God-Bless.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:36 AM

I drove for Fleetmaster for 1 1/2 years........which was maybe 1 1/4 years too long.

They haul cans and ends for Ball Corp. Alot of Ball plant to plant runs. They also haul for Pepsi and Miller Beer.

The dispatch is regional, so whatever region you are in at the time that dispatcher gives you your next load. If they need local work done you might get stuck doing that until he decides to send you on a decent run.

They have a few terminals, the best ones are in Eden, NC and Albany, GA. The one out of Findlay, OH is manned by the most arrogant, know-nothing group of morons I have ever dealt with. And if you drive for Fleetmaster you more than likely will have to deal with them. They are the reason I decided I had enough and left.

If I would have lived near Eden, Albany, Springdale, AR, or even Roanoke, VA (headquarters) I may have had a better experience. I live in Wisconsin and Ohio took over my dispatch and it all went down hill from there.

Their safety rating goes up and down. In the safety meetings they want it all safe and legal, when you're in the truck they want it there yesterday no matter what.

You just have to test the waters, it may work for you depending on where you are. Ohio based drivers may do great because they are going away from there to other dispatch areas.

Any other questions feel free to ask away.......good luck.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Rookie

Thank-you for the info SwervynMervyn. Kind of funny that you mentioned Findlay,OH. That is where I applied to. Two weeks ago I returned an application along with my resume. I have called to speak with Jason to follow-up on my app. but He has been sick for the last week and also today. I have spoken to another guy who does'nt know a whole lot about the openings. I am interested in local only. I am making NUMEROUS follow-up calls to various companies that supposedly have openings but have only talked to one guy. He was from a company called quick-way, contracted through a company called consolidated bicuit in McComb,OH. Just seems challenging even with 4+ years of driving experience, no criminal record, clean MVR, all endorsements, no accidents. Getting very frustrated. Thanks again for your info and god-bless.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:47 PM

Unless he has been brain washed by his bosses there in Findlay, Jason is the only fair and honest person in that office. Jason was a good guy when I left.

I knew a few of the local drivers that they would run to death there in Findlay and Weirton, WV.

But maybe you can find a good spot there and be happy, good luck and God bless you as well.