User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Is it just me....or is Tenn Trunk Monkey's avatar ....... WAY flippin COOL???

:bigthumbsup:
Old 01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Looks like Wally went off to find a board that will tell him what he wants to hear . . or maybe he's driving. Regardless, I have encouraging words for him. A SoCal local job should be no problem. Remember the I-5 tunnel crash? The LA Times quoted CHP as saying that, by the time there were enough investigators to do interviews, 9 of the truck drivers involved had quietly removed themselves from the scene* . . as in, for whatever reason, they had no business being behind the wheel of a CMV and they weren't sticking around to talk about it. Somebody hired them.

*This fact brought no further interest from the reporters, themselves or any other media, apparently. They were either illegals, unlicensed or both. If I remember correctly, there were 15 trucks involved. That's a pretty disturbing "random sampling".
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
Looks like Wally went off to find a board that will tell him what he wants to hear . . or maybe he's driving. Regardless, I have encouraging words for him. A SoCal local job should be no problem. Remember the I-5 tunnel crash? The LA Times quoted CHP as saying that, by the time there were enough investigators to do interviews, 9 of the truck drivers involved had quietly removed themselves from the scene* . . as in, for whatever reason, they had no business being behind the wheel of a CMV and they weren't sticking around to talk about it. Somebody hired them.

*This fact brought no further interest from the reporters, themselves or any other media, apparently. They were either illegals, unlicensed or both. If I remember correctly, there were 15 trucks involved. That's a pretty disturbing "random sampling".
Wasn't the driver who died in that, an "Undocumented" worker driving for a living?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post

With all the knuckleheadedness I witnessed around the LA-Area ship and train yards, that isn't too far from the truth.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Board Regular

except that, while undocumented driving may pay cashy money, it probably won't help rebuild the mvr.
then again, nothing probably will...
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I met a guy that had a felony assault, felony drug possesion and dealing and was caught with an illegal gun. He did a couple of years in the pen and he was driving a truck for a small company. They paid him crap and treated him as such but he was glad to have any job and for someone to give him a chance. This company hired all ex-cons.
The jobs are out there but they won't be pretty.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Wasn't the driver who died in that, an "Undocumented" worker driving for a living?
I went back and read a couple of the articles because I wanted to get the numbers right in my post. There were too many stories and not enough time. If memory serves and how's this for irony, I think the guy who died was legit.

I'll be in Florida for a couple days of R+R . . if the temps stay in the deep-freeze, I'll look into it a little bit more. At the time of the wreck, when I read of the missing drivers, I tried to contact the two reporters named in the story but got no response. The way the story read, CHP said what they said and left it at that. It seemed as though there wasn't even the slightest bit of curiosity on the reporters part. I did eventually talk to a clerk who said "They all died is unlikely, that would have been newsworthy as would unlicensed have been. In LA, you don't talk about undocumented."
Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Board Regular

just keep trying and you will find a job!
good luck. i don't care that you got a dui, no big deal
Old 01-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Board Regular

You may not care, but I guarantee you any employer worth a damn WILL care. Why do we continue to make excuses for bad behavior ? The laws on drunk driving for commercial drivers are quite clear, there is no ambiguity. Obviously you have not had a relative killed by a drunk driver and seen how it can affect the survivors lives for the rest of THEIR lives. I have lived through the effects of a drunken driver. It destroys lives and the family left behind. I feel no pity for the OP. If he did find a driving job, then what ? He drives illegally for peanuts because he knows he can't find another job with a "real" company, thus further depressing an already depressed job market and making conditions even worse for existing drivers who have NOT been stupid enough to drive drunk. Hopefully he won't find a job driving commercially. I don't want anyone with that kind of bad judgment driving on a freeway with my kids on the same road. It's the ex-cons and other assorted low life's who keep wages depressed and working conditions atrocious working for these bottom feeder companies.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred View Post
You may not care, but I guarantee you any employer worth a damn WILL care. Why do we continue to make excuses for bad behavior ? The laws on drunk driving for commercial drivers are quite clear, there is no ambiguity. Obviously you have not had a relative killed by a drunk driver and seen how it can affect the survivors lives for the rest of THEIR lives. I have lived through the effects of a drunken driver. It destroys lives and the family left behind. I feel no pity for the OP. If he did find a driving job, then what ? He drives illegally for peanuts because he knows he can't find another job with a "real" company, thus further depressing an already depressed job market and making conditions even worse for existing drivers who have NOT been stupid enough to drive drunk. Hopefully he won't find a job driving commercially. I don't want anyone with that kind of bad judgment driving on a freeway with my kids on the same road. It's the ex-cons and other assorted low life's who keep wages depressed and working conditions atrocious working for these bottom feeder companies.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very weel put!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE

Tags
dui