User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Greenbush Logistics

Anyone have any recent info on these guys? Are they hiring now? I used to see billboards along I-10 in LA/AL/MS but not sure if the economy has given them the smack down like everyone else.

I'm primarily interested in getting something local to Tampa but if that doesn't pan out, I may consider flatbedding. Haven't done that yet.

Any input would be great.

Thanks all
Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Board Regular

It's been a long while since they've hired, I used to live down near their Sumterville terminal and a few years back they used to run adds pretty regularly, but not the case anymore. Last time I called i was told that they might be hiring through the summer, but that never panned out. I've heard good things though if you're lucky enough to get on with them. Being in Tampa have you tried Florida Rock, or CCC, maybe CTL, I'll probably get bashed for throwing out those names, but they're local and you can make a decent living. CTL stays dedicated on sulphur and fertilizer out of mulberry and surrounding areas, same for Superior Carriers. Anyway, good luck I probably wasn't much help.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Na Millersod, you're input is always helpful. You may not remember me from my old name on here, Doktari, but we traded comments quite a bit a few years back. I think you were pulling turf up and down I-75 back then.

Anyway, I've put in my app with Florida Rock. I called them a week ago and was told that they weren't hiring right then but they were 3 weeks ago. Just my luck. I'm trying to avoid going with one of the Comcar companies. I talked to a CT driver not too long ago, they have lowered pay across the board on what was already one of the lower paying companies. You're correct though, it would be local. You start driving at night and if you're running the sulphur routes you have to wear safety gear, resperators, etc - so I'm told. Anyway, haven't ruled them out, just hoping for other opportunities.

Another company I've thought about looking up is Walpol. I called Oakley Transport, who is hiring for local drivers in their citrus fleet but I live just outside of their area and I can't take the truck home, which would be required as they dispatch from the house.

Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Board Regular

Walpol seems to stay busy, I ran across a lot of their drivers down south around Clewiston during the citrus season. I work for Pritchett Trucking out of Lake Butler and at the time was hauling a frameless dump pulling citrus pellets and other fertilizers. The guys I spoke with seemed happy, and busy. The Comcar rumor is true as far as cutting pay, I've heard 5% across the board, and no more safety bonuses. Tampa always seems to stay fairly steady with local jobs, have you looked into H.T. Hackney over on 60, I worked with a guy in Brooksville who worked for them for a quite a while, must have been worth something, he was driving nearly an hour and a half to get there. Anyway, if anything else pops in to mind, I'll PM you.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 AM

I do appreciate your input and would welcome any further info you come up with. I'll check in H.T. Hackney and let ya know. I have heard of them but know nothing at this point. Think I'll give Walpol a call too.

Thanks again,

L