User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Kroger and other huge grocery warehouses seem to be the worst.The bigger they are the worst they are it seems,with a lot of bureaucracy, especially on the east coast on places like CS WHOSALe,which i absolutely refuse to go to.

I pull a reefer ,delivering about 80% of freight to these warehouses and sometimes can get really frustrating.Depending on the broker that i work with,most of them compensate my waiting time.Sometimes i'm just happy it takes longer so i can get some good rest after a hard run.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwervynMervyn View Post
For those of you that pull reefers, what is the average wait to get unloaded at places like Krogers and other distribution centers?

Does your company pay you for all the waiting time or just after the appointment time?

I don't work for a reefer company, but we have a couple of reefer trailers and haul egg loads. The waiting time to get called to a dock is ridiculous, plus the time to get unloaded.

I thought if I'm gonna get stuck on these loads all the time I would just switch to a reefer company and get paid for more of my time.

Thanks in advance for any answers or info.
here is how it works at a groc whse.....you get there when their day starts, and as long as they have you unloaded in their 8.5 hr day its ok....with them! whses could give two chits about a driver. i worked at a groc distributor up here in new york and if you were more that 5 mins late for an appt the rec super would refused the load, dude was totally ignorant though. thats our worst enemy out here, ignorance. people just dont care

Last edited by topset; 11-24-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Rookie

Fresh meat load pickups can really be a pain if your company doesn't have a pre arranged contract.

The meat has to be as fresh as it can be when its placed on your truck, so its not uncommon to wait a long time for it. Pork isn't as bad, they can process pork faster then beef.

I have been on both sides in the pork shipping area, one being a driver, and another time working for the shipper. Don't know how many times I had to explain to a driver about the wait time, most of the time they were really upset, but my past driving experience help me get them to be more understanding.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:48 PM

Why do you guys care about the long waits?
You're paid for all your time on the job, right? :rofl::clap:
Old 11-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Shabadoo View Post
Why do you guys care about the long waits?
You're paid for all your time on the job, right? :rofl::clap:
that was a good one joey :lol2::clap: