User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbogle View Post
for one when you have two fulltime jobs you dont have any free time and the pay is still only going to be 620 before taxes which means that after taxes, if you have a family, you will only be bringing home about 550 at the most. How is this better then trucking? You still dont have time for your family and you dont get a 10 hour break everyday because your working all the time.
The way I see it, if you need two jobs to scrape by, then you shouldn't even have a family to begin with.
And if you did before, then they'll probably take off anyway.

BTW, I'm single, no kids and have known for a while that extra mouths for me would be a major setback.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Rookie

ok me and my husband have been together for about 6 years now and we have three kids. after we had the first two things got really hard for us. I was working and going to school and he was working about 60 hours a week and we were doing all of this just to be able to live. I stood by him the whole time so just because your money situtation gets bad doesnt mean that your family is going to run off on you. Its not just the husbands responsiblity to make the money the wife should be in working too. But i do agree that if you are single and still not really making it on what you make, then no now is not the time to be starting a family.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbogle View Post
ok me and my husband have been together for about 6 years now and we have three kids. after we had the first two things got really hard for us. I was working and going to school and he was working about 60 hours a week and we were doing all of this just to be able to live. I stood by him the whole time so just because your money situtation gets bad doesnt mean that your family is going to run off on you. Its not just the husbands responsiblity to make the money the wife should be in working too. But i do agree that if you are single and still not really making it on what you make, then no now is not the time to be starting a family.
Well, I knew I was already bad with kids when I had to call the older kid next door to get things under control with my younger sibs.
So, no-go for me in that department.