User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Old Salt, I left the food service industry to drive, just to get away from ppl who are afraid of work.
25 years in the kitchen of many hotels and restaurants/private clubs.
It is kind of like the old saying if you want the job done right "do it yourself" so I beame a driver and I am able to leave my job at the yard when I go home every night. Unlike being a Chef/F&B Director...

Timberwolf
Old 07-03-2009, 01:49 PM

Like I said, you non-union drivers are at the bottom of the industry and always will be right there, trucking companies are right now training little black girls and are recruiting Mexicans to take your jobs.

You guys will not even stand up for your own profession or yourselves, face it, the non-union crowd in this business are born losers and don't want to ever win.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Hey AVC, you seem to be the stereo typical southern racist, tell me is you're trailer at the end of the park next to the woods for easy access to the outhouse.. "Little Black Girls"... people like you really make thank my parents for giving me some sort of grounding when I was younger.
Sounds like a little black girl took you're big bad job from you because she is better at it then you are.. A little angry are we, again AVC just calm down and take you're medicine and hopefully you will be ok in an hour or so. The only reason you dream of a union juob is so that you can be your stereotypical southern self and be lazy.... All the Mexicans that have worked for me in the past could put you to shame in work ethic but you are to lazy to even see that, it is always someone else fault... Look in the mirror AVC....

It must suck going through life with such hate and anger....

Timberwolf
Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc View Post
Like I said, you non-union drivers are at the bottom of the industry and always will be right there, trucking companies are right now training little black girls and are recruiting Mexicans to take your jobs.

You guys will not even stand up for your own profession or yourselves, face it, the non-union crowd in this business are born losers and don't want to ever win.

You are starting to cross a line that had best NOT be crossed again. Feel free to debate union vs. non-union all you want, but leave race out of it. I'm not referring to the reference about Mexicans, as that is a legitimate topic. Not once have I seen or heard of any effort by the industry or government to recruit or hire any other specific group.

I felt no need to edit or delete this post, as it can serve a a warning to all, that this type of post will NOT be tolerated in any way, shape or form. It will get the offender a quick trip to the door.

nuff said,

Ridge

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 07-03-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombestonebilly View Post
There are no great positions in the food service industry union or non.
That's just **** work no matter how you slice it.
That's YOUR opinion.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
You are starting to cross a line that had best NOT be crossed again. Feel free to debate union vs. non-union all you want, but leave race out of it. I'm not referring to the reference about Mexicans, as that is a legitimate topic. Not once have I seen or heard of any effort by the industry or government to recruit or hire any other specific group.

I felt no need to edit or delete this post, as it can serve a a warning to all, that this type of post will NOT be tolerated in any way, shape or form. It will get the offender a quick trip to the door.

nuff said,

Ridge

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Does this mean that the "Runner of Ridges" is back to being a Moderator??? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM

OK Ridge, I did not mean it as a racist statement, but I understand how some readers will take it as that, so I get where you are coming from, it was simply a statement of fact and what I saw the other day, I'm sorry this was blown out of proportion and used as a debating tactic by Timberwolf.

If I say that companies are training young girls out of high school is that sexist then ?

You guys do realize that trucking companies have to meet quotas like any other employer and these under employed folks in these categories have an advantage over white guys.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 AM

Loooky looky, its another We gotta stick together and strike thread! Haven't seen one of these in a few days lol.
We have time for strikes, always have and always will, no matter what the freight looks like. But it won't happen, and you know why? Truckers for all the big bad men were supposed to be are to afraid. Man you gotta take risks and sacrifice things if you want it better. Whining and crying on an internet isn't gonna help man. Getting out there having your voice heard
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 PM

I was talking to an OO the other day who runs 5 rigs for 30 years or so, he said that JB Hunt and Werner will low ball rates forever.

They only care about making $50.00 per truck per day and as long as the company can do that they can stay in business, so as long as customers support this sort of low ball contractors truckers will be slaves of these morons.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc View Post
I was talking to an OO the other day who runs 5 rigs for 30 years or so, he said that JB Hunt and Werner will low ball rates forever.

They only care about making $50.00 per truck per day and as long as the company can do that they can stay in business, so as long as customers support this sort of low ball contractors truckers will be slaves of these morons.
and how did this guy get this information? did the execs at the companies call him and tell him?