User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I saw a werner day cab pulling a dump the other day in Waco, TX. Me and Teal95KW were rolling in his Powerstroke behind one and he said they have a terminal there where they started pulling said trailers
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 AM

Well, I've talked to several people on other boards and on the road and there seems to be no truth to this myth. They might have a few for a dedicated account, but nothing like what I've heard rumors of. I know when my dad worked for Risinger out of Morton, IL they had several W900's that pulled hoppers for PPG in Decatur hauling sand for glass. Maybe Werner has taken over an account of this type, I don't know.

Also, if you're thinking A&R out of Joliet, IL, they don't use old Werner trucks. They might have an O/O or two who has them or something, but they order all their trucks new, with O/O specs. They pull mostly pneumatic tanks, with a few road-oil tankers, and a couple dump trailers. They have a nice fleet of trucks. I tried to get on with them, but they didn't have any open company positions. Pretty common right now.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Board Member

[QUOTE=P A Frederick;454450]Well, I've talked to several people on other boards and on the road and there seems to be no truth to this myth. QUOTE]

Well, I saw it. Werner on the back, white daycab with Werner Enterprises on the door. It's gotta be a small divison, because it is the first I've seen or heard about. You know how drivers can make a mountain out of a molehill
Old 06-27-2009, 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=BanditsCousin;454470]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post
Well, I've talked to several people on other boards and on the road and there seems to be no truth to this myth. QUOTE]

Well, I saw it. Werner on the back, white daycab with Werner Enterprises on the door. It's gotta be a small divison, because it is the first I've seen or heard about. You know how drivers can make a mountain out of a molehill
I'm not doubting you at all. Its like I said in the post that they may have a few for a dedicated account, but they aren't starting to haul grain and bulk products OTR, at least not yet. Especially having a day cab pulling it screams dedicated account to me.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

The other day I saw a CRST tractor pulling a tank.... it was at the "Casey's" there at Osceola, IA....it was labeled "inedible fat"..... I think those are buzzwords for "Gross stuff".

If things keep getting weird...we'll see more weird stuff...:eek2:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Here's another one.....the other day I was rolling through SLC and had to do a double take. I seen 2 red Volvo's pulling flatbeds and on the side of the sleeper it said "Central Refrigerated....Flatbed Division" I got to talking to a driver later and he said that they have had that division for about 3 years. He also said CR England is looking at getting into it as well. That's all we need is some more mega carriers coming in and under cutting already cheap freight! :thumbsdown:
Old 06-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
The other day I saw a CRST tractor pulling a tank.... it was at the "Casey's" there at Osceola, IA....it was labeled "inedible fat"..... I think those are buzzwords for "Gross stuff".

If things keep getting weird...we'll see more weird stuff...:eek2:
Worse! I saw a CRST truck yesterday afternoon, dropping down the hill into Collinsville IL, on I-55/70, pulling a pneumatic trailer! Looks like they are getting into that now!!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:43 PM

"Inedible fat"?? I'd love to have the job loading and unloading that. I've never seen a Central Ref. flatbed, maybe I live too far east for them. And CRST pulling tanks and dry tanks? Crazy. Everybody is trying to make a buck of course, so they might as well try different divisions. Can't ever tell who you'll see pulling whatever kind of trailer. Reminds me of the first time I saw an old Roadway flat bed with the new UPS stickers on it. Didn't know what to think!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick;454489[B
]"Inedible fat"??[/b] I'd love to have the job loading and unloading that. I've never seen a Central Ref. flatbed, maybe I live too far east for them. And CRST pulling tanks and dry tanks? Crazy. Everybody is trying to make a buck of course, so they might as well try different divisions. Can't ever tell who you'll see pulling whatever kind of trailer. Reminds me of the first time I saw an old Roadway flat bed with the new UPS stickers on it. Didn't know what to think!
"Inedible fat" is loaded into tankers as a liquid, at about 160 degrees. It is used in animal feed, synthetic oil products, petroleum products, and several other "consumer goods".

Those aren't "Roadway" units. They were "Over-Nite" units. UPS bought out "Over-Nite" to compete against FEDEX in the LTL freight business. Flatbeds had been in the Over-Nite system for years. Long before JBHunt started a flatbed division.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
"Inedible fat" is loaded into tankers as a liquid, at about 160 degrees. It is used in animal feed, synthetic oil products, petroleum products, and several other "consumer goods".

Those aren't "Roadway" units. They were "Over-Nite" units. UPS bought out "Over-Nite" to compete against FEDEX in the LTL freight business. Flatbeds had been in the Over-Nite system for years. Long before JBHunt started a flatbed division.
Sorry about the Over-nite/ Roadway mix up. I always forget which was which and which got bought out by who. The fact remains though, I was surprised when i saw one of those trucks with the UPS stickers on it...