User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 05:15 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
Overall, I give a +1 for SNI for the newbie. If they're hiring, that is...
Schnieder is not taking students at this time. Many of the companies have suspended their schools, probably due to the economy.

As far as I found, the only companies that have their own school are C.R England, Swift and Central Refrigerated.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Board Regular

The Swift terminals are alot cleaner than some of the big name truck stops out there. At the Fontana Terminal they are putting up a new free standing building there for showers and a Driver's lounge. Right now Swift has more freight than trucks available so you will be moving consistently.

All companies have their good and bad, I don't believe any one company is "evil", since you are new you will pay you're dues just like any other newbie, but it will get better as you learn more and adapt to the lifestyle.

Trucking is not a job , it's a lifestyle. Every company has a system, learn how the system works and use it to your advantage.

Last edited by boneebone; 05-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
yup, amazing isn't it? how short of a time frame did you think i was with them?
To be truthful I would have thought less then a year. Shows you what I know. Is Reagan still president?
Old 05-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
To be truthful I would have thought less then a year. Shows you what I know. Is Reagan still president?
is the Johnny Carson show still on?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
most of the terminals are comparable to homeless shelters. many drivers in there sitting, waiting on something to come across their qualcomm. the worst terminals, in my opinion are: slc, gary, fontana, lathrop, decatur, lancaster, troutdale, memphis, and greer. the showers at those terminals are GROSS! you'd better bring some rain boots if you step into the showers at those terminals. better yet, just wear condoms on your feet. mira loma is kinda crappy because it's not only used by swift. it's used by schneider, central freight, digby, and jb hunt intermodal. however, the showers in the swift portion of the building aren't too shabby compared to the other terminals' worst offenders. the terminals i haven't mentioned are quite alright in my opinion. sumner is one of my favorites. i love ordering some of that kickass garlic bread and spaghetti from alfy's in puyallup.

yeah, swift mostly uses their terminals as points of refueling. they've limited the amount of truck stops they refuel at. i don't know which ones are no longer on their fueling list, so it's a total toss-up. if you're going by a terminal, i'd suggest refueling there because you may be SOL down the road. sometimes you may not be able to top off due to the weights on your axles, and/or your gross vehicle weight.

i started with swift back in march of 2007. i recently stopped driving for them because i want to seek other employment opportunities. i was with them for a total of 2 years and 3 weeks.
You're yanking his chain there...right?

Seriously? You liked Alfy's? :eek2: uke:

Fried Chicken and a salad out of the deli case at Fred Meyer's in Sumner or Puyallup, would taste better...and be cheaper.

Or a cheeseburger from Casey's Caboose, there in downtown Sumner! Mmmmmmm. Good grease!
Hot Dog's from the AM/PM even!! :rofl::rofl:

Tags
student, swift