User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
I was talking with a Werner trainee at a shed last week. He was telling me that he has to drive 60,000 miles before he can be released on his own. 60,000 miles!! In this economy he might not graduate to solo driver until next year!!
I've only two words: BULL CRAP! Last I checked, it was 300 hours of line 3 time... unless they changed policies.. again.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Board Regular

Talked to a CRE Driver last week at a produce shed last week here in FTL. Told me DO NOT GO WITH CR. He had a trainee onboard and was averaging 2,500 miles a week WITH the 2nd driver onboard (whereas trucks with trainee's onboard are "usually" run as "teams" - and "should be getting" 2X that mileage).

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU LEASE A TRUCK FROM THE SAME COMPANY THAT DISPATCHES YOU - UNLESS - (and I've NEVER heard of this happening), you can TAKE THE TRUCK and lease on as an O/O with ANOTHER COMPANY if you're not happy with the dispatch.

If you lease a truck from a REGULAR LEASING COMPANY - you are free to sign on with whatever company you choose. If you lease FROM the company you drive for, you can ONLY HAUL THEIR FREIGHT. Your LEASE PAYMENT comes OFF THE TOP OF YOUR SETTLEMENT, whether you're running 50 miles or 5,0000 - THEY GET THEIRS FIRST.

Rick

Whose just starting to apply to all the "coolie carriers" with a FLORIDA HOME ADDRESS (yeah - GOOD LUCK TO ME!)...
Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 PM

So I guess, the best question would be - OF ALL THE GREAT SATANS - which one is the "lesser of evils"?

No one ever seems to want to ANSWER that question, EVERYONE however - is more than willing to talk feces on any company that a newb enquires about. Would be SO NICE - since this board is about helping one and other - for someone to actually ANSWER THE QUESTION...

i can answer that question if you want a decent learning experience as a newbie i would chose werner, i didn't have problems once i learn the system (paperless log) it took maybe a month to learn but the next few months was cool. would still be there but the Dot sweep me up with the swift cdl problems
Old 07-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Wow!! If you want some entertainment from reading some hard core bitching and moaning, go read the CR England threads over on Ripp Off Report. WOW. There are multiple women on there even claiming to have been raped by their trainers!! There are some hard core cases of being pissed at the company on there.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

C.R Dingaling is a sh*t company run Forest run..................don't waste a second with these bottum feeders.
Plenty of good companies out there.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtruckman View Post
So I guess, the best question would be - OF ALL THE GREAT SATANS - which one is the "lesser of evils"?

No one ever seems to want to ANSWER that question, EVERYONE however - is more than willing to talk feces on any company that a newb enquires about. Would be SO NICE - since this board is about helping one and other - for someone to actually ANSWER THE QUESTION...

i can answer that question if you want a decent learning experience as a newbie i would chose werner, i didn't have problems once i learn the system (paperless log) it took maybe a month to learn but the next few months was cool. would still be there but the Dot sweep me up with the swift cdl problems
Interesting - as that was MY QUESTION (know the verbiage looked familiar).

I DID do an app with Werner - need to call back and get my "package" (resume, cover letter, license, MVR, etc. etc.) to the recruiter.

Got a call from a "friend of a good friend" tonight - guy just happens to be a CRE Trainer. Says they're no better (or no worse) than any other company out there. One thing in particular he mentioned is that you're either going to be lease or team with them it seems. No more solo's.

For me - I'm getting into this because I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE (been in customer service for 30 years). I just wanna haul freight, listen to music and be LEFT THE HELL ALONE. Sharing a "rolling walk-in-closet" on a FULL TIME BASIS is not exactly what I have in mind for my future. OTOH - for the after-CDL-school "finishing touches" of training and that first 6 mos. to 1 year of "required experience" to move upwards and onwards - ANY JOB at this point is better than sitting home, UN-EMPLOYED and logging on LINE ONE...

Rick
Old 07-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member

be forewarned:

Every
New
Guy
Leaves
After
Ninty
Days

This may happen to you, do not jump for these fools when they tell you to jump.

3 months with a trainer, geez, i was with a trainer the most of 6 weeks with these fools.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Rookie
Default Same here

I to was approached by C.R England about 4 months ago,probably the same day I applied,no joke, they were trying so hard to recruit me, I said I didn't know yet, but they kept asking, they had me signed up and ready to go, till I googled it, like the other fellow said, and there it was, Rip-off alert, so needless to say I didn't do it.
Don't do it, heard a lot of bad stuff:thumbsdown: