Originally Posted by matcat View Post
I bet it's a real GAS of a job
In fact it is a gas gas gas.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I interviewed with,then declined a job offer,with Blue Rhino out of Grand Junction,Colorado last year..The job was supplying grocery stores and the like with those refillable propane tanks people use on BBQ grills..It required a Class A with hazmat,driving a daycab twin screw with a beverage trailer....No tanker endorsement....
Old 05-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

I see alot of there trucks around me. They are all newer t-300 single axles. They look like the avg truck to me.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM

Hey Flashman,
Hows life on the western slope, Have not been there for years, spent some time in GJ back in the 80's off of 6th ave and Chipeta, and used to work the Hoiday Inn on Horizon Dr. I miss the fall harvest of Peaches, nothing like a western slope peach...

Timberwolf
Old 05-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Hey Flashman,
Hows life on the western slope, Have not been there for years, spent some time in GJ back in the 80's off of 6th ave and Chipeta, and used to work the Hoiday Inn on Horizon Dr. I miss the fall harvest of Peaches, nothing like a western slope peach...

Timberwolf
I love it over here.....I actually live some 40 miles from Junction.......In Delta.I'm closer to Montrose.....20 miles....I know where the Holiday Inn is,cuz it's near the Harley Shop I go to.....

The peaches will likey be a bit pricey this year.....There was a hard freeze,in the orchards,right after the trees bloomed.....They're saying they lost at least 50% of the potential crop...

Last edited by Flashmann; 05-12-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:29 PM

Yea Riding over the Grand Mesa down into Delta is an awesome day ride, **** now I am homesick... A great Late May day riding over the Mesa, almost as good a 4 wheeling down in the San Juans.
As a kid every year Dad would take us from Evergreen to GJ in October and we would buy a case each of peaches & apples.
Enjoy the summer, Say hi the the Black Canyon for me another place that holds many memories for me...

Timberwolf

Last edited by TimberWolf; 05-12-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Yea Riding over the Grand Mesa down into Delta is an awesome day ride, **** now I am homesick... A great Late May day riding over the Mesa, almost as good a 4 wheeling down in the San Juans.
As a kid every year Dad would take us from Evergreen to GJ in October and we would buy a case each of peaches & apples.
Enjoy the summer, Say hi the the Black Canyon for me another place that holds many memories for me...

Timberwolf
The wife and I like to ride our motorcycles up over the Mesa,but usually wait til July til it's warm enough...Her boss has a cabin up there.....He went up last year,the first weekend in June,to open the cabin for the summer and there was still 14 feet of snow between the road and his front door.....We also make a trip or 2 along the Black Canyons north rim each summer.....

Another 3-4 weeks and I'll be retired for good and plan to do a lot more around here.....We live right on the Gunnison River,so I suspect I'll take up fishing again,after a 30+ year layoff....