User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Kreilkamp - Ottawa, IL

Whats the word on this company ? I've been hired for a May 5 start. have to go to orientation in Allenton, WI.

Told me they are hauling to Kohls stores all drop and hook and max of 2 nights out a week.

6 day work week at .36 a mile.

Can anyone give me the scoop ?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv833 View Post
Whats the word on this company ? I've been hired for a May 5 start. have to go to orientation in Allenton, WI.

Told me they are hauling to Kohls stores all drop and hook and max of 2 nights out a week.

6 day work week at .36 a mile.

Can anyone give me the scoop ?
well........from what i gather there trucks are all auto's.....:argue:

if that's what you want....go for it...

BOL 2 ya...........:smokin:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 04-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

RV I drove for them briefly before going to tankers in '06.

Family owned and operated around 300 trucks. Automatic trucks governed at 65. Well maintained equipment. You have to pull through the maintenance lane pretty much each time back to the Allenton yard.

Sounds like you may be on a different (new) account as most of Kreilkamp's operations involved running to the east coast and back. Kind of a pain I guess. But, the people there are some of the best that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in my 4 years of trucking. The bonus incentives are set up so that YOU DO get them if you do paperwork, etc., correctly. If I somehow found myself unable to do tanker work anymore. My first call would be back up to them.

You'll enjoy the orientation. Laid back and you are treated well, nice hotel, taken to lunch etc. Definitely one of the companies that still has that 'family' feel to it where you will be a name, not a number. The last day of orientation we had a pizza lunch where we were able to meet our dispatchers which is a great idea in my opinion. My dispatcher (Bruce) was a great guy and had a good idea of how I would like to run...................

Which I did week after week. Always in the 3200+ range.

BOL! Personally I think that you are making a good choice. Let us know how it works out!/Gary

Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Rookie

Well......... I've never driven an truck with an automatic trans in my 15+ years of driving, so that should be different.

I am just looking for a job that will get me home as many nights during the week as possible. While I hope to make enough money to feed my family and pay my bills.

I am a layed-off Yellow freight guy and had only ran regional for 3 months once. I don't want a full OTR gig. Not for me or my family.

I was hoping to get some of the guys who work for Kreilkamp to respond. If you don't feel comfortable here-- you can always contact me at [email protected].

I have many other resumes out just waiting for a good job. Meanwhile I might have to do this.

Thanks for the responses
Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Rookie

I don't understand the connection to Ottawa, Il. unless they bought another company there to get the Kohl's acct. there. I know they have warehouses in Edison, NJ. which is why most of their freight goes to the east coast Their home is Allenton, WI. and you will be there for all services etc.. These drivers are paid .40 per mile. (.44 if they go into NYC). Reportedly the drivers of Kohl's and John Deere earn less. The number I was told by current employees is closer to .29 cpm. Pay close attention to their insurance co-pay. It will change depending on how many miles you are given by your dispatcher. This can vary from $35 per week to $125 per week, and they do it for a quarter at a time. Of course you have no control over dispatched miles. They are good about letting their trucks set because they don't pay layover pay, or detentions pay unless they can collect it from the shipper. If the shipper says no, they tell you NO.

All trucks have Tri-Pacs on them, which they moniter the hours on VERY closely. Stand by to buy fuel if you idle the truck, or use the APU by what they consider to be too much. It was not uncommon last fall for them to have 25 to 40 trucks setting on the east coast waiting for a load. Some waited from Thur. to Mon. or Tues. Watch out for the home every weekend, its more like off every weekend at wherever you last delivered. Notice that they require two weeks notice for every time off request at home, and then there is no guarantee that it will be approved.

Three years ago they were in fact a good company to work for. Today, I would recommend that you look elsewhere.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Cool

Interesting info deputydog........

Sure sounds like things have indeed changed in the past 3 years at Kkamp.

Sad to hear that. It was hard work, but they seemed to be pretty good peeps there. Guess I'll have to be a bit more careful about responding to requests for info as my info is indeed about 3 years old and apparently doesn't have much relevance anymore.

Bummer....................