User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I checked into them about a year ago. The recruiter was real honest in telling me that we were better off staying where we were at. Their insurance is really bizarre for the first year and very expensive. She said they have a lot of small runs and not to many over 1000 miles.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM

I was talking to one of their drivers at the TA in Wytheville, VA a couple weeks ago. He said he's been getting 2500 miles or so, but he's been there 2 years and he only gets .35 per mile.

Here's a big kicker, too. Anytime you run west of Memphis, you drop from whatever your pay rate is to .30 per mile. Yeah, that would suck.

About the only positive thing I heard about them is they do not have forced dispatch into NYC. I guess you have to fill out a little form in orientation and mark whether you would or wouldn't go into New York. He said he marked wouldn't and has never had a problem out of it, but he does run into the Northeast quite a bit. He also said he stays out 21 days most of the time, but he didn't say anything about what their official home time policy is.

Also, most of the trucks I see look like they are total junk. I haven't seen a decent looking PTL company truck for a long time...
Old 04-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post
Here's a big kicker, too. Anytime you run west of Memphis, you drop from whatever your pay rate is to .30 per mile. Yeah, that would suck.
Boy, these fellas don't miss a trick huh? That is one hell of an incentive pay plan. Right out of the CR England handbook. Work longer and harder...............make less. I'll never understand it. Coolie carrier.

I have two deliveries this evening. Marion, IN and Kokomo, IN. Marion is the longest run. I'm gonna call up and see if they will consider paying me less for that one. Yeah right.:thumbsdown:

Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Senior Board Member

it amazes me at how desperate drivers keep these p.o.s. companys in business. don't you people realize that they only get away with it because drivers allow them too.