User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromewheelz View Post
Anyone who knows the good bad and indifferent about Werener please post here. I am thinking of driving for them and having them sponsor me to get my CDL. I know everyone has said that if possible to get my CDL on my own, but in this downed economy this dead end mechanic job is getting old quickly. What does everyone know about them. Home time? benifits? pay? (average take home) employee treatment? equipment? ive read all through their web site and all but as well all know thats the outside, i would like to know what the inside edge is like. thanks in advance people!!
Stand by,,,,,,,,,,,, the Big Jeep should be along here shortly.:lol:
Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnap View Post
If I were you, I would run fast....................fast away from Werner.

Not dispatch friendly
Not safety minded
No idea how to pay

Don't even be honest with them a safety issue with the rig.

Run far far away!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Good Luck in whatever route you take
have you driven for Werner, patnap?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 AM

I'll tell you what I tell everyone trying to get into the industry right now: Don't. Biggest mistake I ever made was quitting a 1/2 way decent job fixing appliances to drive a truck. Its not bad if you get a cushy home daily route, but most of the time you'll be out for at least a week or two, or three, or... I could go on and on.

If you're a single person with not many family ties, being gone for weeks at a time would be great, but not for me. The traffic gets worse, the nights get longer, the truck stops more crowded. Its lots of fun pulling into a truck stop at 2 or 3 AM and not being able to find a spot to park. I try not to end my days at those hours, but sometimes you have to.

Bottom line: do something else with your life if you plan on having a family and a life...
Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post
The traffic gets worse, the nights get longer, the truck stops more crowded. Its lots of fun pulling into a truck stop at 2 or 3 AM and not being able to find a spot to park. I try not to end my days at those hours, but sometimes you have to.
Ah, the beauty of running teams, we bypassed many of the T/S. When we did stop at T/S for 34hr restart or just a good nights sleep, you had to compete with 10 drivers for the one available spot. Bit it was always fun listening to the VD infested drivers and hookers trying to hookup. Amarillo was the best, one Ho advertising for business on the CB, and one driver after another passing her around. Just listening made me want to take a shower.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Senior Board Member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster65 View Post
Bit it was always fun listening to the VD infested drivers and hookers trying to hookup. Amarillo was the best, one Ho advertising for business on the CB, and one driver after another passing her around. Just listening made me want to take a shower.
but she tasted good :rofl:
Old 05-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
I just threw up my dinner.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
That was you at that TA?
After seeing them walking around, I was always surprised that they had the nerve to charge money.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Rookie
Default OH so u want to know about werner

so u want to know about werner's pay coming out the gate your only going to be making 26cpm thats all and thats a fact regardless of what the recruiter told u

26cpm / 13 cpm deadhead miles = otr or regional
hometime= u wont get home they will keep u out as long as they can
what your paychecks will look like otr/regional= 2-300$ a week if your lucky

its so sad to see guys coming into werner with high hopes of making big bucks

i use to be a trainer at werner and the only reason i survived the 3 years i was with werner is because i was on dedicated paying 34cpm pretty much got lucky. the only way AND LET ME REPEAT THE ONLY WAY YOUR GOING TO MAKE MONEY IS IF YOUR ON A DEDICATED ROUTE. and even when your on dedicated u still have to deal with bs but not like otr.

im not sure how other dedicated accounts ran but the one i was on was ran different than how they run werner as a whole. u could get away with alot more stuff than with the dispatchers from ohama. alot rules were broken but it didnt matter because the account was to valuable to werner.

if your thinking about going over to werner u better ask yourself are u ready. alot things have changed
like breakdown pay is only 20$ for every 24hr day. i remember it use to be 100 on my dedicated now its 20 across werner. werner is hurting right now if u know for sure u can get on a dedicated account go for werner. if not i would stay away because i promise it will only bring u alot stress and pain making 2-300$ a wk. out of all the students i trained and these are actual figures 1 out of 20 students a had made it within 3 months of leaving my truck and the only reason that 1 guy made it is because i got him on my dedicated account and hes now gone so when they say 110% turnover rate THIS IS TRUE ive seen it for myself

if u live in the right area try dedicated thats the only way........
Old 06-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Rookie

In school on career day the guy from Werner told us about working on the Canadian side of the company. All you do for a week is run trailers over the border to MI and bring them back. You might get close to home but you can't go home. No thanks. I don't think I could handle being so close to home every other day but having to stay in the truck.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Board Member

I have never driven for Werner, and seriously, seriously doubt I ever would.... That being said.... here is what I have experienced where they are concerned:

There have been a number of times that I have gone to TA's to get a tire replaced, or have something else done to my truck or trailer. On a number of occasions, not just a few, but so many that when I see a Werner truck in the bay.... I automatically feel sorry for the driver(s).

On the most recent occasion....about a week ago, I needed a tire, and when I got to the TA, there was a Werner truck in one of the bays....front right steer was chewed all to hell and gone...tractor way out of alignment....the tire was down to the steel belting...an OOS situation, and the driver had been there for SEVEN HOURS while Werner's road service people dicked around making a decision whether or not to replace the tire. The TA had already taken digital photos and emailed them to Werner, and they were still "dicking" around..... and that is not the only time that I have seen that scenario take place...... Seems Werner has a real "aversion" to getting their rigs fixed, back on the road, and the freight delivered.....

Hell, if I need a tire.... I walk in, tell them, give them my T/O # as the PO#, and tell them what to put on, keep the carcass....and get it done. Forget that bull**** about waiting around for some moron or twit to "make a decision".....Hell...if its that difficult, I would hate to see the bonehead making a decision in Mickey D's....the menu would require "thought"........the clod would starve to death before deciding on the fries....

And what is really "criminal"....the driver is getting stiffed for the time, both on the 14, and not making a dime waiting..... issedoff: Me, I get paid for the time....

Werner is a "coolie-carrier".......

Considering the costs of being on the road.....and the fact that you will spend weeks with a possibly unwashed "Jabba the Hut".... (Eeewwwww:hellno I think unemployment, government cheese, and sleeping in my own bed is a far better option.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.