Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Barr Nunn

Can anyone give me any feedback on Barr Nunn? I am looking to hire on with them
Old 03-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I ran for them on 2 seperate occasions....first time i spent a year with them on OTR staying out 2 weeks at a time and they were practicly throwing miles and money at me....stashed up the bank account and left to work a job at home for a few months, went back late in 2007 running regional for about 6 months and it was a disaster. They changed a lot in the short time i was gine and they run the regional stuff like a joke and they really started focusing hard on the short haul 300-600 mile loads even for the OTR guys and you just cant run trips like that and set still 1-2 days a week and make much money and one big negative for them now is that one of their very biggest customers was DHL and they ran a CRAP load of loads out of the huge DHL terminal in wilmington delaware(20 miles from the ohio BARR NUNN terminal) and the DHL terminal is now defunt and not a DHL terminal anymore so they lost a huge customer right there. They were a very very easy company to work for, dispatchers were decent people they would get me home anytime i needed it for almost anything and the equipment was very well cared for but the new management started running the company in a completely different way that was of great benefit to the company but not really for the drivers...i cant imagine how low the mileage probably is over there right now with the way this economy has turned. i would avoid them at this point in time.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Senior Board Member

how is the wilmington delaware terminal 20 miles from the ohio terminal??
Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
how is the wilmington delaware terminal 20 miles from the ohio terminal??

oops!!! My bad on the typo, that was meant to be Wilmington Ohio, over close to their Washington CourtHouse terminal.....I always thing delaware when i think wilmington.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Board Regular

Not trying to be rude or anything, but have you tried the search button at the top? Pretty sure you could find all kinds of info. Good luck.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.