User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A & R-Joliet, IL

Does anyone know anything about A&R out of Joliet, IL. Mostly dry bulk carriers. Pete's for tractors mostly. Looks like they keep them clean and up to maintenance. They used to deliver pellets to a molding company I picked up at every day. Never really got to talk to any of them. Most of the time they were about done when I got there. By the time I backed in, BS'ed with all the people in the shipping office and came back out they were gone. I wasn't ever there but about 30 minutes anyway...

Thanks for any help you can give. Website says they are hiring. Figure I'll call them tomorrow. Probably fill out an app tonight.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post
Does anyone know anything about A&R out of Joliet, IL. Mostly dry bulk carriers. Pete's for tractors mostly. Looks like they keep them clean and up to maintenance. They used to deliver pellets to a molding company I picked up at every day. Never really got to talk to any of them. Most of the time they were about done when I got there. By the time I backed in, BS'ed with all the people in the shipping office and came back out they were gone. I wasn't ever there but about 30 minutes anyway...

Thanks for any help you can give. Website says they are hiring. Figure I'll call them tomorrow. Probably fill out an app tonight.
PA fred

What happened to bulkmatic . I assumed u were in there

Is heartland still sucking?

My buddy quit the other day he went hopper bottom
In bulk he seems to like it

If u want more on

Supperior or carry let me know

SEMPER FI.. DEVIL DOGS...

IS THAT RIGHT....??
:thumbsup:

SUPERIOR CARRIER DRIVER
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post

They are primarily Dry Bulk (pellets) in Baton Rouge, Houston and Corpus Christie. Up in Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, they also have liquid tankers.

I don't know about some of the newest terminal's..like Atlanta.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Kentuck, Yes Heartland is still sucking. Its not pretty. I didn't get home at all last weekend after a whopping 1600 miles that week. Like my wife said, it would be easier to explain me being gone so much if I were putting some serious miles behind me, but I'm not.

I'm still waiting for Bulkmatic to call me. The recruiter/safety lady said it was the terminal managers call in Hendersonville I think. I'm still waiting. I'd prefer to work for them as they have a yard here in Knoxville.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Senior Board Member

They do seem to keep their equipment nice. Nice location for their terminal in Joliet.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 PM

theres a big rail yard right next door to my jobs terminal in bridgewater nj and i see bulk trucks goin in there all day long grabbing loads off the bulk trains. i beleive dameo trucking is the main bulk transporter there. i see the A/R trucks all the time. and yes they are always lookn clean. i see them all the time actually in nj
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 AM

I believe A&R Transport wants 3 years experience I believe.. I know their website site says 3 years however, awhile back I saw acouple ads that said 2 years exp required here in Indiana. Overall never heard anything bad about them. Good Luck PA
Old 02-27-2009, 02:21 AM

All of A&R's company trucks are full at the moment. Thats what the recruiter told me. I need to update my Heartland thread. A little better this week. About 2100 and home by Thursday. Taking my wife to the hospital tomorrow morning to have our son. They did good getting me home this evening.