User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default C.R England

hey guys im new to this forum. thought id give some input to help others. just a bit about my past, i started out from ground zero in 2000, went to swift, they sent me to school and put me on a trainer truck for 6 weeks in greer sc. then i got my own truck which was a 2000 freightliner classic. i drove riegional for 1 year and 11 months safe. it was a struggle but i made it. loved every minute of it. wanted to start a family so i quit. drove 3,200 gallon propane bobtails for 4 years. then went on to 40yd trash trucks for 2.5 years. now here i am, lost my job at waste managment because it slowed down so much last winter. i went here to england, spent 7 days in orientation classroom stuff, 8 days in a hotel waiting for trainer truck, 5 days on the truck i went home for christmas, now im back at the hotel waiting to get back on a trainer truck. because its been 6 yrs since i drove a tractor trailer i have to do 30 days in phase 1 truck, then 35 days in a phase 2 truck, like a second seat. that is way too long of wasting my time. 30 days is all i need. they put poeople with no tractor trailer driving experience in with me, in the same group, which doesnt seem right. the second 35 days im just making the trainer and england money, not much for myself. they have a nice school and very good instructors. so far im pretty happy. i get paid 62.00 a day while i wait for a trainer truck plus we just signed a 10 million dollar contract with walmart, and a few others. so far so good. ill keep ya posted if ya want. thanks for listening
Old 12-31-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp View Post
hey guys im new to this forum. thought id give some input to help others. just a bit about my past, i started out from ground zero in 2000, went to swift, they sent me to school and put me on a trainer truck for 6 weeks in greer sc. then i got my own truck which was a 2000 freightliner classic. i drove riegional for 1 year and 11 months safe. it was a struggle but i made it. loved every minute of it. wanted to start a family so i quit. drove 3,200 gallon propane bobtails for 4 years. then went on to 40yd trash trucks for 2.5 years. now here i am, lost my job at waste managment because it slowed down so much last winter. i went here to england, spent 7 days in orientation classroom stuff, 8 days in a hotel waiting for trainer truck, 5 days on the truck i went home for christmas, now im back at the hotel waiting to get back on a trainer truck. because its been 6 yrs since i drove a tractor trailer i have to do 30 days in phase 1 truck, then 35 days in a phase 2 truck, like a second seat. that is way too long of wasting my time. 30 days is all i need. they put poeople with no tractor trailer driving experience in with me, in the same group, which doesnt seem right. the second 35 days im just making the trainer and england money, not much for myself. they have a nice school and very good instructors. so far im pretty happy. i get paid 62.00 a day while i wait for a trainer truck plus we just signed a 10 million dollar contract with walmart, and a few others. so far so good. ill keep ya posted if ya want. thanks for listening

$62.00 a day ...$434.00 wk ...Now don't be suprised if your weekly earnings don't surpass that $434.00 by much...and $62.00 would be like making $7.75hr ...The local C-store here pays 10.50hr .IDEA?

Last edited by BIG JEEP on 44's; 12-31-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
$62.00 a day ...$434.00 wk ...Now don't be suprised if your weekly earnings don't surpass that $434.00 by much...and $62.00 would be like making $7.75hr ...The local C-store here pays 10.50hr .IDEA?
The sad thing is....I can't disagree with that at all. Especially at CRE.

They'll be pushing you into signing a lease purchase agreement with them soon, if they haven't done so already. Promising that the real money is in Lease Purchase. That's not a lie - there is good money in Lease Purchase - but the one collecting all the "good money" is CRE.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
The sad thing is....I can't disagree with that at all. Especially at CRE.

They'll be pushing you into signing a lease purchase agreement with them soon, if they haven't done so already. Promising that the real money is in Lease Purchase. That's not a lie - there is good money in Lease Purchase - but the one collecting all the "good money" is CRE.
A few months back I was sitting at a TS drinking some coffee and shooting the breeze with another driver. This young guy sits down and orders a meal and eventually joins in on the conversation. As we get to chatting, it turns out that this guy is pulling for CRE.....he just got released from his trainers truck and was on his 2nd or 3rd solo load. He goes on about how great CRE's LP scam...I mean deal is and how he's making big $$ now :lol:.

As you can imagine, he opened up a huge can of worms. Every driver within ear shot politely and professionally (in other words no one was ragging on him) tried to explain to him that when everything was said and done the so called big $$ is only going to be big for CRE and if he's not real careful he'll find himself on the short end of the stick. This driver, (which by the way was in his early 20's and planning on marrying his now pregnant high school sweetheart) although appreciative of our advise already had it all figured out :roll2:. All I could do was wish him the sincerest BOL as I left.

Hopefully the OP will know a little better with his experience and not fall into CRE's brain washing :eek2:
Old 01-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Rookie

yea they spent a whole 8 hour day talking about leasing. it sounds good but there are variable cost. like say, fuel, permits, repairs. they take .14 a mile out of your pay to cover those costs, which ads up to be 6-700 a week. they put in their pocket. yea there are costs but they take too much and give it to themselves. the truck comes with everything ready to go when you get it. I-pass, permits, plates. if you run hard solo i was told that you can make 7-900 a week take home. idn. i talked to an independent contractor last nite in the lobby, (leasee) he said the magic number is 2,000 miles. you break even at that, most weeks he makes good money, couple weeks here and there he breaks even, not to often. i have 2 months to reasearch it since thats the refreshing i need after 2 years of experience and 167,000 miles safe. that rielly makes me mad...issedoff:
Old 01-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
yea they spent a whole 8 hour day talking about leasing. it sounds good but there are variable cost. like say, fuel, permits, repairs. they take .14 a mile out of your pay to cover those costs, which ads up to be 6-700 a week. they put in their pocket. yea there are costs but they take too much and give it to themselves. the truck comes with everything ready to go when you get it. I-pass, permits, plates. if you run hard solo i was told that you can make 7-900 a week take home. idn. i talked to an independent contractor last nite in the lobby, (leasee) he said the magic number is 2,000 miles. you break even at that, most weeks he makes good money, couple weeks here and there he breaks even, not to often. i have 2 months to reasearch it since thats the refreshing i need after 2 years of experience and 167,000 miles safe. that rielly makes me mad...issedoff:
The lease operator has to pay the permits? If you were pulling your own freight, I would agree, but you're pulling England's freight. Permits to move that freight is THEIR COST, not the lease operator's cost. What escrows do they have, and what is the limit on each?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Board Regular
Default england

whats the turnover rate for drivers at england now?
did ooida win that lawsuit? ive heard all about the lease operators and their minus 1000$ pay checks.
good luck
Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
it sounds good but there are variable cost. like say, fuel, permits, repairs. they take .14 a mile out of your pay to cover those costs, which ads up to be 6-700 a week.
They don't pay for the fuel. The sucker who signed the L/P agreement pays for the fuel. And it's a lot more than $0.14 per mile.

I wish my weekly fuel bill was $600-$700 though. That would be nice.:thumbsup:
Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
it sounds good
don't be silly,it isn't. never has been.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
don't be silly,it isn't. never has been.
From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkdriverlp
england is hiring 50 newbies a week here, freight is a little slow now but couple months we will be hammered. come over and lease a truck, theirs 35 ready to go at burns harbor in.

Something is fishy here.