User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydragon View Post
I'm not looking for general comments on this company; I know what they are and what they're not. What I'm asking for is information from anyone who drives the Western region for Swift. How often do you go through Salt Lake City under load? What kind of miles are you getting?

SLC is pretty much the center of the Western region and that's where the house is. I'm thinking I may be able to take some of my 10 hour breaks at home and maybe even a 34 hour restart once and a while. The recruiter tells me 2 weeks out with 2 days home is the norm. Feedback from any Swifties with experience in this region would be welcome. If my expectations are way off base I'd like to hear that, too.
Find a reefer co. SLC is not balanced to well for dry freight its goes in but has problems coming out.
You may want to try Central..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 PM

I got the call I was waiting for: everything checked out and I'm clear for orientation Tuesday... physical on Monday and I get to pee in a cup. What fun.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratface View Post
Find a reefer co. SLC is not balanced to well for dry freight its goes in but has problems coming out.
You may want to try Central..
For what it's worth, a Swift DM I talked to contradicted your statement re: dry freight in SLC. As it stood yesterday there were 40+ dry loads waiting for drivers in SLC; nobody has to wait long for a load. However, getting in is another story.

Turns out they also have a few dedicated accounts that need drivers here. I plan to look into the vagaries of each one as I run the Western Region. And since I finish their orientation today that will hopefully happen soon.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Senior Board Member

It's Friday AM and I'm sitting in PA at 1400 for the week . . there is still hope! Last week I had 1200 . . I was stunned . . all in the east. In the 12 days prior to that I had 5835 (forgot to add a deadhead for those keeping score). Good luck!

Just received a 900+ preplan . . the week is saved . .

Last edited by cdswans; 03-13-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: preplan
Old 03-14-2009, 12:46 AM

Heard from my DM that the East is sucking air right now and she said to stay away from So. Cal. too. I'll be running the 11 Western and it looks like that's where our freight is right now.

Got my truck today, it stinks like cigarettes. Looks like I'll be busy cleaning it up this weekend.