User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bulkmatic/Transport Service Co.??

Howdy all. I'm looking into bulk hauling companies (dry bulk tanker/tanker/hopper bottom). Two that I've found that have terminals around here are Transport Service Company and Bulkmatic. Does anyone have any info about either of these companies? I filled out an application for both online just to see if they call me and I can get more info.

I know Bulkmatic doesn't require HazMat or Tanker endorsements (which I don't have, but I will get ASAP). Transport Service of course requires both, but I applied for both the Chemical and Food grade divisions.

I went ahead and applied because they both had apps online. I plan to talk to Superior/Carry also. One upshot from Superior to Transport Carriers is that Superior's yard is about 100 miles from my house, and TC has a yard 40 some miles from here in Loudon, TN.

Thanks for any input you can give. I'm leaving first thing in the morning for PA to deliver so I may not see some of the responses, but I'll check before I accept a job from either company. I'll let you know what they say if they call.

Also just to note- Just found out Bulkmatic has a truck to rail transfer station right in Knoxville. That would provide loads away from here... That'd be pretty good. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Let me know what you think of these two companies. Best of luck to you all.

Last edited by P A Frederick; 02-01-2009 at 12:52 AM.