User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepwawet View Post
Orientation is paper work like any other and a check ride. Pretty laid back should go quick

Freightshakers is what we drive as for mine. 08 with 262k on it had it a yr now but run team well when both of us manage to stay in the trk. (long story)

You can plan on a high mileage trk to start but we are switching over to a cascada fleet so shouldnt be too long you will have to deal with it.

Features LOL ummm the engine runs? Basic company trk

We have lots of trks sitting seeing how we "trimmed" the fleet keep profits up but umm we keep hiring so getting a trk shouldnt be hard prob have one in Janesville for you.
I can plan on the opposite of what everything was told to me before orientation apparently. I am not going to going into every detail of what went wrong (because I am pissed off and tired and it would take too long). I got a ride down to Scottsburg, IN in the company van. After orientation, they f****n ditched me at the Greyhound in Louisville. "We don't have a way to get back to your truck." No van, no trucks going that way, etc. So...I get to Beloit 36 hours later (17 miles from my truck). I had to hitchhike a ride back to the terminal to get my truck and get home. What a bunch of disorganized ***holes blowing smoke up your ***! AVOID TRANSPORT AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
I can plan on the opposite of what everything was told to me before orientation apparently. I am not going to going into every detail of what went wrong (because I am pissed off and tired and it would take too long). I got a ride down to Scottsburg, IN in the company van. After orientation, they f****n ditched me at the Greyhound in Louisville. "We don't have a way to get back to your truck." No van, no trucks going that way, etc. So...I get to Beloit 36 hours later (17 miles from my truck). I had to hitchhike a ride back to the terminal to get my truck and get home. What a bunch of disorganized ***holes blowing smoke up your ***! AVOID TRANSPORT AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and just get the hell out now! You've had a taste of the porridge they are offering. My experience on this board tells me that for you to hang around any longer is just asking for more disorganization, disrespect........and more money out of YOUR pocket to fund their cluster****! Get out!!!! Yet another coolie carrier oft presented on this board. The song always stays the same, it's just the players that revolve in and out.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

That didnt take long. I now pronounce the honeymoon over.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM

That should have NEVER of happened........This is the first I ever heard of them vanning ppl down and not back up, unless you were a student then you get the bus. Someone should have picked you up in beloit if that would have happened to me I would be just as pissed.

And please do go into detail everyone should know what happened. And don't be shy corporate reads these boards so let it fly. And do make the call to Scott Arvis he would love to hear about this he don't like when drivers are left in the cold.

I can only tell my side which as a whole is pretty good but there's always two sides of a coin.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:

Could you clear something up. If you went to orientation on the 6th and its a 3 day event how do you get back to beloit on the 8th after a 36hr bus ride? Only way you get sent home "ditched" is if you fail the pisser. NOT saying you did but if I call and make a ruckus dont want it to bite me in the arse.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepwawet View Post
Could you clear something up. If you went to orientation on the 6th and its a 3 day event how do you get back to beloit on the 8th after a 36hr bus ride? Only way you get sent home "ditched" is if you fail the pisser. NOT saying you did but if I call and make a ruckus dont want it to bite me in the arse.
I left on the 5th in the am. The van was an hour late. I stood outside in the cold waiting for them!

I am not a student. I have 18 months experience. I have no tickets, no accidents, no failed drug tests or physicals, no criminal record. I even paid (out of my pocket) for a passport and hazmat for the job. I am reliable and hard working. I don't need a babysitter to do the job.

I did NOT fail the urinalysis or the stupid fitness test or the physical! Let me state that very clearly! In fact the physical and fitness were a waste of time. I already have a valid long form. I have no fat on my body and every muscle is toned. Not to mention...they have me do the whole thing then I don't even get the new long form or medical card! What a waste of time and money!

Basically, I told Susan before she even set up orientation my situation. I have not driven a manual since school. The last job I had drove all auto-shifts. She said TA would work with me. Apparently, that was a big lie. All they did was waste my time and money. There were no surprises on my part. I clearly explained my situation to Transport America, in clear details, BEFOREHAND. They couldn't even get me back to my truck! The guy at Transport America was like can't someone pick you up in Beloit and give you a ride to your truck? I was like yeah, ok...I am going to make someone drive 200 miles to give me a ride 16-17 miles to my truck! They refused to pay for a cab or have someone pick me up and drive me to Janesville. When I was at the Pilot in Beloit I saw a Transport America truck pull in. So...another lie that there are no drivers to give me a ride! They sent the van away from Scottsburg without me. Idiots!

At orientation, they have you fill out all of these forms on Sunday night. Then, the guy at orientation has you fill out the exact same forms again! There are many forms (over a dozen), too. Many have the same information on them. It's another waste of time and paper...not to mention, my personal information is on all of the forms. By the time I get the forms filled out on Sunday night and read all the packet information, it is 11:30PM. I get stuck rooming with a chronically loud snorer who wakes me up at 2am. I slept 2 hours! Basically, Dave expects me to drive the manual truck like a master on 2 hours sleep...after not driving a manual truck for almost 3 years. Then, they are not willing to put me with anyone to help me out for even a few days or even hours. The trucks I drove at school were different! They wasted three days of my time but are not willing to give me even a little bit of slack. I have an IQ over 150 and I can learn fast...BUT you can't expect me to be a master at it when I have never driven your truck! They could've road tested me in Janesville to begin with...and if they weren't willing to work with me, then why say you are? I wouldn't have bothered! I declined another job to go to work at Transport America, too! Thanks!

I never got the dinner meals and had to buy my own! Thanks for the vouchers, liars.

Oh...and I call Susan on Tuesday morning to try to get a ride to my truck from the bus in Beloit (after Scottsburg screwed me). She never calls me back!

Conclusion...I am pissed off!

Last edited by madaxeman; 04-09-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I left on the 5th in the am. The van was an hour late. I stood outside in the cold waiting for them!

I am not a student. I have 18 months experience. I have no tickets, no accidents, no failed drug tests or physicals, no criminal record. I even paid (out of my pocket) for a passport and hazmat for the job. I am reliable and hard working. I don't need a babysitter to do the job.

I did NOT fail the urinalysis or the stupid fitness test or the physical! Let me state that very clearly! In fact the physical and fitness were a waste of time. I already have a valid long form. I have no fat on my body and every muscle is toned. Not to mention...they have me do the whole thing then I don't even get the new long form or medical card! What a waste of time and money!

Basically, I told Susan before she even set up orientation my situation. I have not driven a manual since school. The last job I had drove all auto-shifts. She said TA would work with me. Apparently, that was a big lie. All they did was waste my time and money. There were no surprises on my part. I clearly explained my situation to Transport America, in clear details, BEFOREHAND. They couldn't even get me back to my truck! The guy at Transport America was like can't someone pick you up in Beloit and give you a ride to your truck? I was like yeah, ok...I am going to make someone drive 200 miles to give me a ride 16-17 miles to my truck! They refused to pay for a cab or have someone pick me up and drive me to Janesville. When I was at the Pilot in Beloit I saw a Transport America truck pull in. So...another lie that there are no drivers to give me a ride! They sent the van away from Scottsburg without me. Idiots!

At orientation, they have you fill out all of these forms on Sunday night. Then, the guy at orientation has you fill out the exact same forms again! There are many forms (over a dozen), too. Many have the same information on them. It's another waste of time and paper...not to mention, my personal information is on all of the forms. By the time I get the forms filled out on Sunday night and read all the packet information, it is 11:30PM. I get stuck rooming with a chronically loud snorer who wakes me up at 2am. I slept 2 hours! Basically, Dave expects me to drive the manual truck like a master on 2 hours sleep...after not driving a manual truck for almost 3 years. Then, they are not willing to put me with anyone to help me out for even a few days or even hours. The trucks I drove at school were different! They wasted three days of my time but are not willing to give me even a little bit of slack. I have an IQ over 150 and I can learn fast...BUT you can't expect me to be a master at it when I have never driven your truck!

I never got the dinner meals and had to buy my own! Thanks for the vouchers, liars.

Oh...and I call Susan on Tuesday morning to try to get a ride to my truck from the bus in Beloit (after Scottsburg screwed me). She never calls me back!

Conclusion...I am pissed off!
Boy, what a bummer. Guess the recruiter conveniently left out that important info about the shifting.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckchick View Post
Boy, what a bummer. Guess the recruiter conveniently left out that important info about the shifting.
By the end of the test, I was shifting ok, too. It was a huge improvement from the start (and I didn't hit anything or come close either, etc.) If they gave just a little time and effort on their part, I would've been fine in very little time! In the end, I guess they didn't want to put any effort into it...even though I put a big effort into the whole thing! Their loss...BIG TIME!