User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default returning to OTR with US Xpress

I have a question about us xpress. I have one year experience and have been off the road for 14 months. My brother currently driving with another company for 8 months otr and would like me to apply with him at us xpress and team. They tell me that we just need to do 3 days orientation and then head out as a team. Does anyone know the process with them.

Last edited by returnman; 01-08-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM

I went to orientation with them and left on my own before even getting in one of their trucks. I went to the one in Springfield Oh. I know there they make you stay in the dorm and they have bunks in there. As far as the orientation goes its pretty much like any other. They were pretty set in telling you exactly what you will log and what you wont. You will log 15 mins for this and that even if you dont take that long to do it. The lady was constantly telling me to log in a way that would cause falsifications. I was "selected" for this dedicated run they have in central IL hauling dog food but refused it.(lower pay less hometime running east coast a good deal) And things went magically wrong with my file. I decided that I would just go home and find a better gig. They were pretty much in the high and mighty mode the whole time I was there and no one seemed to really care. just my take on them.

I would say if your desperate for a job they would be ok, but if your a team you could do much better elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Rookie
Default thanks

Thanks for the post. We live in South Florida so the options are limited. The only 2 we have found so far is werner and xpress. Heck even CSRT has a freeze on South Florida. I thought that we would have no problems finding team work especially since we both have hazmat and completely clean dacs. I guess I was wrong. The only thing that worried me was being off the road for 14 months.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM

Well, when you live in south florida I guess you have no choice. Werner will probably tell you that you have to go through a refresher course (out with a trainer). They wont tell you from the get go they will wait until they have you set up for orientation. I guess between the two (and I hate to say it) us would be your better choice. Get a year in as a team there and maybe look to see if anyone has a need for teams in south florida after the freeze has been lifted. At least it gets you back on the road and running.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnman View Post
Thanks for the post. We live in South Florida so the options are limited. The only 2 we have found so far is werner and xpress. Heck even CSRT has a freeze on South Florida. I thought that we would have no problems finding team work especially since we both have hazmat and completely clean dacs. I guess I was wrong. The only thing that worried me was being off the road for 14 months.
I'm not sure what your status would be with having been off the road for a while, but before you throw yourself at one of those two....maybe you should talk to the recruiters at CFI/Conway Truckload. Living in S. FL shouldn't be a problem and they have a number of teams. 1-800-641-4748....at least give them a call and see whats up. Ask for Teresa, who I just spoke with her...and she says they are looking for teams in S FL w/hazmat. If for some reason she is not available ask for Stephanie.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Last edited by Skywalker; 01-09-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Added info...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Rookie

I know Stephanie personaly...what a sweetheart ..she'll be honest and straightforward with you.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Rookie
Default cfi

Funny you should mention CFI they are the company I worked for. The recruiter told me I needed to go back to school and redo my CDL (crazy) or go out with another company for 6 months. Just called them back and was told something different. Know they tell me they are going to try and get me in on an (special exception). Its amzaing who companies are making the rules so tight to the point of insane. I never had a late load, or accident or tickets. Left on good terms. This country is screwed up if a man wants to do an honest days work and needs to beg. I love this Country but the greedy men of coporations are ruining it day by day.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Rookie
Default Con way

Going over to Con way myself. Even with todays slow economy there drivers seem to be doing OK. Nothing great but still getting 2000 miles per week. Given todays times thats pretty good. There drivers also seem to be happy! for a large carrier they still seem to treat there drivers with a little respect..

gator
Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 PM

useless xpress will take you if you are going to team up and live in Florida.Because that is all they are hiring in Florida right now.Well also people who want to lease one of their freight junkers can be hired if they live in Florida also.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:22 AM
BANNED
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorOh View Post
Going over to Con way myself. Even with todays slow economy there drivers seem to be doing OK. Nothing great but still getting 2000 miles per week. Given todays times thats pretty good. There drivers also seem to be happy! for a large carrier they still seem to treat there drivers with a little respect..
2000 mpw?!?!? Jeez, you gotta be kidding me. That's an average of 285 miles per day and less than $775 gross per week.

Get a full-time job at $10.00/hr and then another part-time job at McDonalds and you'll sleep in your own bed everynight with weekends off. No CDL needed.