User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down heartless express

what ever happend to the fellow that went to heartless? seen that he logged on once and said he would get back with the good and the bad,i'm waiting.maybe russ seen his computer in his truck in a random search and took it...
Old 12-26-2008, 01:05 AM

If you'd look under the same post you'd see I posted 4 days ago and I'm getting ready to post again. Apparently you're not looking too hard if you can't find it- it says Heartland Express right in the title....

And I don't carry my computer and I don't know who Russ is...

Oh, and I'm actually making a few miles and a little bit of money and home time...
Old 12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Thumbs up

hay good deal,hope it work's for you .living in the region you do, you should actually do better then most with them..
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Rookie

No matter how many good truck jobs I see posted here on this website, it is very hard to get hired by a trucking company if you live east of I-95 in north carolina. Something about too much fuel when you go home. Bullshit. If you made good money for them while you were on the run, then what is their problem over fuel to get you home?? Help me to understand these idiot trucking managers.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctrucker1 View Post
No matter how many good truck jobs I see posted here on this website, it is very hard to get hired by a trucking company if you live east of I-95 in north carolina. Something about too much fuel when you go home. Bullshit. If you made good money for them while you were on the run, then what is their problem over fuel to get you home?? Help me to understand these idiot trucking managers.
You don't make them any more money on a given run than someone who doesn't burn a lot of fuel going home (and getting to the next load after leaving home, for that matter). The load pays the same regardless of who pulls it. Therefore they hire the person who doesn't burn a lot of fuel going home. Doesn't sound so idiotic to me.

This point in time is just one where there are plenty of drivers and not as many jobs, so the hiring people can tighten up a little. If the companies were doing better financially, they could loosen up the requirements in order to grab extra market share. I'm no expert on the industry, so I wouldn't be quite so quick to describe their practices as "bullshit" and the people employing those practices as "idiots." Just a thought.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)

Last edited by VitoCorleone99; 12-27-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:07 AM

Thanks Elgaul. I hope it works too. May not, but I'm trying at least. This should be an ideal area, being as I live about 4 miles from I 75.

Hope you find the SOB who stole your chains and tarps and tar and feather them. I hate thieves. Thats the lowest dirtiest thing one can do to someone else. Good luck with that.

I'll keep updating the thread on Heartland.