LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Oh no don't tell me the companies that say they are driver friendly in their recruiting sales pitch are really not .
As things play out most companies now are becoming hives of micro management,

.... and since crap rolls downhill it very hard to find a place to drive and be left alone

to pass the Time and the miles.

Most of these fool trucking companies just end up bringing out the fight in a fellow.

Overall state of this industry ?? ...my hope is it gets what it deserves...that is,,less and less applicants

to feed the callous corporate mechanism.

Amen
Old 12-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Nice trucks ,but positives stop there ...LOL I've heard some odd things about stevens from their drivers regarding company ethics ...like if you are parked in a slot at a T/S and get hit that Stevens has you drug tested and puts you through an incident review ,and has you road tested . But I do know from talking to Stevens that they don't pay jack ...Also Harvey Gainey was part of their top management before starting his own company...GAINEY ,which it's funny b/c Stevens/Gainey's policies/practicies/pay mirror each other ,and that's not good .
Not much correct in this post.
Drug test policy follows Federal Guidelines. ie, Fatality, major injuries. They have never drug tested for minor accident's and especially if it wasn't their driver's fault.
No Recheck roadtest if the accident wasn't at fault. They do give refresher road test if there was a moving violation in regards to the incident.
Their pay is at or above the national avg. for Driver's. Starting driver's of course start at the low end of the scale.

Harvey Gainey was NOT part of the Steven's Mgt. Total rumor.
These thing's come up all yhe time.
The "I heard it from a guy, who knew a guy, who used to know a driver for Steven's", Is totally useless info.

I have been with them for 15 year's and like any company, they ave their good and bad part's.

As to Weeks out, that is something you work out thru your driver mgr. 3-5 weeks, what evr you negotiate with your own DM. I stay ouit 4 weeks and stay home 1 week.

All new trucks have APU's and any truck not bring returned in the next twelve month's is having one installed as fast as T/K can supply them.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe500 View Post
Not much correct in this post.
Drug test policy follows Federal Guidelines. ie, Fatality, major injuries. They have never drug tested for minor accident's and especially if it wasn't their driver's fault.
No Recheck roadtest if the accident wasn't at fault. They do give refresher road test if there was a moving violation in regards to the incident.
Their pay is at or above the national avg. for Driver's. Starting driver's of course start at the low end of the scale.

Harvey Gainey was NOT part of the Steven's Mgt. Total rumor.
These thing's come up all yhe time.
The "I heard it from a guy, who knew a guy, who used to know a driver for Steven's", Is totally useless info.

I have been with them for 15 year's and like any company, they ave their good and bad part's.

As to Weeks out, that is something you work out thru your driver mgr. 3-5 weeks, what evr you negotiate with your own DM. I stay ouit 4 weeks and stay home 1 week.

All new trucks have APU's and any truck not bring returned in the next twelve month's is having one installed as fast as T/K can supply them.

Well I heard those things from Stevens drivers...And how would a rumor just get started out of the blue about Harvey Gainey once being a member of Stevens management ,I mean how would HarveyGainey's name just "pop"up ?...But Stevens does have a low CPM ...I talked on the phone lastyear with them ,and I had about 3yrs exp ,and the possible CPM WAS 32.5-33 CPM...HARDLY ABOVE AVERAGE ,And rookie pay was even worse...Stevens is a place EX cons go it's like a Felon magnet .
Old 12-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Well I heard those things from Stevens drivers...And how would a rumor just get started out of the blue about Harvey Gainey once being a member of Stevens management ,I mean how would HarveyGainey's name just "pop"up ?...But Stevens does have a low CPM ...I talked on the phone lastyear with them ,and I had about 3yrs exp ,and the possible CPM WAS 32.5-33 CPM...HARDLY ABOVE AVERAGE ,And rookie pay was even worse...Stevens is a place EX cons go it's like a Felon magnet .
Gainey started GTS in 1980, Stevens started in 1984, your assumption just doesn't workout. Why would he go work for another company will trying to run his own company.
Steven's does not hire FELON's. Who'd you hear that from, another guy that know's a guy, who once heard it in a crapper at some truck stop.
You spread too much BULL. Need to help people, not spread falsehoods.
If you never worked for a company, why would you even comment.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Gainey started GTS in 1980, Stevens started in 1984, your assumption just doesn't workout. Why would he go work for another company will trying to run his own company.
Steven's does not hire FELON's. Who'd you hear that from, another guy that know's a guy, who once heard it in a crapper at some truck stop.
You spread too much BULL. Need to help people, not spread falsehoods.
If you never worked for a company, why would you even comment.
Actually I think GTS was started in 1984 ...And the Felon driving for Stevens told me about his felony as we discussed miles/cpm while doing laundry ...Fact is I think you're FOS ...afterall you did say STEVENS HAS AN ABOVE AVERAGE PAY SCALE...and that's obviously B.S. so you lack credibility my friend as pay is why most drive ,and you're fibbing about stevens paying well...Well maybe Stevens pays you better than the state while working forthe dot picking up trash while doing time for that felony .
Old 12-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Rookie

What's the matter. Can't handle the truth.
Listening to somebody in a truck stop. Bet that is where you get all your news. After you have been out here a few more years and get the dampness out behind your ears, you will learn not to beleive what you hear in truckstop's.
Why would anyone in casual conversation bring up a prison record? Do you ask everyone you meet if they are a felon? Sound's like you try to make up fact's to make your tales more believable.
.30 to .45 cpm is at or above the industry average payscale for irregular route carriers. Taken from the Truckload Carrier's assoc. survey.
Some of the private carrier's who pull their own freight or union carrier's pay more. But they are not who we are discussing.
I've said I work for Steven's. Which company do you drive for?? You said you had a little over 3 years experience? Might need a little more experience before you run down a company you have'nt even been employed by.
People come to these forum's to find out truthful information about companies they are looking at. Hearsay and speculation , by you or anyone else,is uncalled for.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
What's the matter. Can't handle the truth.
Listening to somebody in a truck stop. Bet that is where you get all your news. After you have been out here a few more years and get the dampness out behind your ears, you will learn not to beleive what you hear in truckstop's.
Why would anyone in casual conversation bring up a prison record? Do you ask everyone you meet if they are a felon? Sound's like you try to make up fact's to make your tales more believable.
.30 to .45 cpm is at or above the industry average payscale for irregular route carriers. Taken from the Truckload Carrier's assoc. survey.
Some of the private carrier's who pull their own freight or union carrier's pay more. But they are not who we are discussing.
I've said I work for Steven's. Which company do you drive for?? You said you had a little over 3 years experience? Might need a little more experience before you run down a company you have'nt even been employed by.
People come to these forum's to find out truthful information about companies they are looking at. Hearsay and speculation , by you or anyone else,is uncalled for.

Stevens payscale is on the low side...this is fact,and not speculation !

The drivers I spoke with were not happy at Stevens ,but due to past mistakes were turned down by most companies besides Stevens...You would be suprised how easily a driver will volunteer his criminal past to another driver in a conversation when describing why he/she is at a company due to limitations such as criminal record .

And once again the Fact is STEVENS pay is on the low side of scale for all years exp ,And that is not rumor or "SPECULATION " it's fact ,so since pay is what most drivers are looking for and Stevens is on real low side of the CPM scale I do beleive that qualifies as ...BOTTOM FEEDER ...Now you probably drive desk and do recruiting at Stevens ...So just in case you forget...PAY...is what constitutes the main reason a driver drives ,and Stevens is...LOW PAY...,so without speculation this FACT alone says just about it all for Stevens .

Last edited by BIG JEEP on 44's; 12-28-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Board Regular

Stevens Transport sucks, period. Yeah, I did work for them when I first started driving, and they sucked then and they suck now.